New Droid x 2

mchammer

Reaction score
Just got my wife and I both new Droids. So far very impressed after being a blackberry user for 10 years or so. But lots of questions, so you'll prob c me here alot for ahwile! First anyone know an easy way to transport phone numbers from BB to Droid? I used the Blackberry desktop software and backed up my data and it put it in some obscure file that can't be opened! I think the extension was .ipd? Anyway we need to get our old numbers out of old phones into Droid. I have a BB and she has a flip phone (2 yrs old) I got th econtacts folder done thru Goggle account but it did not transfer phone numbers.

OP
M

mchammer

Reaction score
Could you not export your contacts then import them via Google (internet). Your phone should then auto sync and your good to go. I'm sure there are many ways but my contacts seem to sync up very well with google contacts. Just make sure you have a gmail address and the contacts sync option checked.

Just got my wife and I both new Droids. So far very impressed after being a blackberry user for 10 years or so. But lots of questions, so you'll prob c me here alot for ahwile! First anyone know an easy way to transport phone numbers from BB to Droid? I used the Blackberry desktop software and backed up my data and it put it in some obscure file that can't be opened! I think the extension was .ipd? Anyway we need to get our old numbers out of old phones into Droid. I have a BB and she has a flip phone (2 yrs old) I got th econtacts folder done thru Goggle account but it did not transfer phone numbers.

I think that's what I did already, but it only transferred the email addresses. Maybe it's a settings that I didnt have correct

Reaction score
Could you not export your contacts then import them via Google (internet). Your phone should then auto sync and your good to go. I'm sure there are many ways but my contacts seem to sync up very well with google contacts. Just make sure you have a gmail address and the contacts sync option checked.

I think that's what I did already, but it only transferred the email addresses. Maybe it's a settings that I didnt have correct

I had a similar situation when I switched from my Tour, the guy at the Verizon store said that there is no way to transfer the contacts over to the Droid since they have different systems, which is probably a lie. I had to enter them all manually.

Anyway glad to have you on the forum and hope to see you around!

prubin3

Reaction score
I went through that a few months ago. I exported them from Outlook which is where my Blackberry was getting its contacts, into Gmail's contact system. It wasn't that big a deal once I realized what to do.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, mchammer! We're so happy you and your wife have decided to join us! You'll find that everyone on this forum is very friendly and here to help and learn! Reading the threads will teach you more than you could ever imagine, and if you get stuck, just post a question - someone will be along to help you out! Hope you both enjoy your time here with us!

OP
M

mchammer

Reaction score
Welcome, mchammer! We're so happy you and your wife have decided to join us! You'll find that everyone on this forum is very friendly and here to help and learn! Reading the threads will teach you more than you could ever imagine, and if you get stuck, just post a question - someone will be along to help you out! Hope you both enjoy your time here with us!

Thank you this is an awsome forum will make new droid live simplier right now we are scared to touch the thing! LOL!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thank you this is an awsome forum will make new droid live simplier right now we are scared to touch the thing! LOL!

Unfortunately, once you do start to play, you'll never want to stop. Both the Droid and this forum are very addictive, as you'll soon learn....

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Enjoy!