New Droid User - Note taking question

dnhoshor

Reaction score
I just started using the Motorola Droid on the Verizon network in the last week. So far, it's been mostly a good experience, but can anyone make some recommendations for a good note taking application for the Droid. Previously, I had the Palm Treo, and had used Palm devices for over ten years. I accumulated a lot of notes, procedures, and hints that I searched, especially on the job. Is there some note taking and note searching software that Droid users are happy with? If it is tied into various Google services, it would be an advantage.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use AK Notepad... simple... multiple notes and does what I need it to.

OP
D

dnhoshor

Reaction score
I tried AK notes, but the contents of the memos weren't searchable, only the title. I decided to just move my memos into Google Doc, and use the Droid to search them on the Internet. It works fine, provided I have access to the Internet and Google from my Droid.

Macksfield

Reaction score
I tried AK notes, but the contents of the memos weren't searchable, only the title. I decided to just move my memos into Google Doc, and use the Droid to search them on the Internet. It works fine, provided I have access to the Internet and Google from my Droid.

This is a good question (searching notes), I will need the same thing if I get a Droid. So far, it seems these note programs mentioned must not search the body of the doc?

drowe

Reaction score
I've been using Evernote to replace my Outlook notes. They have a client for the Droid, Windows, Mac, and you can see them at the web site. It will search for text in the title and the body on both windows and on the Droid. It has a free and a paid version. Check out http://www.evernote.com

cyber3d

Reaction score
This may be overkill but, I recommend Docs to Go by Dataviz. You can easily create a doc (Word 2007 doc) for your notes long and short.

For quick notes (like a sort of PostIt) I use Note Me by Paramvir Bali. Easy to use and it shows your notes in Google Calendar at a press of a button.

If you take notes and want to using voice translation to text then a good app is: Sticky Note from Bratag