New Droid owner

bwhite82

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the forum. My name is Brandon and my wife and I just picked up Droids this past Sunday. We both have pretty much been glued to them since then. The "novelty" has yet to wear off, maybe it never will. This is the first smart phone that I've ever owned. After having one for a few days now, I can't believe I've missed out for so long:

-any time gmail access
-any time internet surfing
-google voice
-apps galore
-so much more

I've already installed droidmod, played around a little and uninstalled (waiting for the official release). I can say that I am VERY happy with my purchase. After reading all of the hating going on around the internet from Apple fanbois, I am smug in my decision as well. I look forward to keeping up-to-date on Droid happenings via this forum.

Thanks for reading,

Brandon

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the forum. My name is Brandon and my wife and I just picked up Droids this past Sunday. We both have pretty much been glued to them since then. The "novelty" has yet to wear off, maybe it never will. This is the first smart phone that I've ever owned. After having one for a few days now, I can't believe I've missed out for so long:

-any time gmail access
-any time internet surfing
-google voice
-apps galore
-so much more

I've already installed droidmod, played around a little and uninstalled (waiting for the official release). I can say that I am VERY happy with my purchase. After reading all of the hating going on around the internet from Apple fanbois, I am smug in my decision as well. I look forward to keeping up-to-date on Droid happenings via this forum.

Thanks for reading,

Brandon

Welcome to your newest obsession, Brandon! You WISH the novelty would wear off - heck we've all pretty much given up on that ever happening. Anyway, make yourself at home. You sound like you've got things under control, but if you get stuck anywhere, just let someone know. Everyone's here to help!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: bwhite! As Anne said...the novelty will NOT wear off lol. i've had mine since Nov 6 and i think i play with it even more now than the first week. you're doomed just give in lol

P.S. check out the new Gesture app by google ;) you'll be throwing your address book out the window :D

Tatootie

Reaction score
This "phone" can lead to divorce....youve been warned.....

OP
bwhite82

bwhite82

Reaction score
This "phone" can lead to divorce....youve been warned.....

Wow. Well for the time being, its kinda brought us closer together, we're always comparing apps and sending each other pictures.