New Droid Owner having a p12 certificate issue - Is it possible?

bstarken

Reaction score
After 4 years of owning the same phone I upgraded yesterday to the Motorola Droid 2.1, absolutely love it and want to keep it! I am scared I may have to return it due a problem I cannot find help on, hoping someone can shed some light on the issue?

Our website has a secure directory named sitesupport (ourdomain.com/sitesupport). We have a Self Signed Cert. (.p12) which we can install in a browser which then allows that browser to view the sitesupport directory. This setup worked flawlessly on my old phone (install the cert, give it the password, navigate through https and the browser asks if I want to use the cert).

However, I cannot get it to work on the Droid.. I installed the Cert (tried both .p12 and .pfx) through the settings -> Location & Security -> Install from SD card. Everything appears to work correctly, says the cert was installed. However, when I try our https secure directory I get simply get a "Data Connectivity Problem" - "The server failed to communicate - Try again Later".

Are there ANY settings to change to get the default browser to read,load,use,parse... the installed certificate? I dont want to return it but I may not have a choice...

E_milestone

Reaction score
Hi Bstarken, struggling with the same issues, got a Milestone yesterday nice phone figured out I needed P12 instead of cert and pfx, I finally ( great tutorial on Its all About...: Adding .cer certificates on your Android Phone ) managed to convert the pfx (using Mozila) ,

but for whatever reason it refuses to be unpacked ( always claims its the wrong password) while I am certain it is the password I created the P12 with.

Being a new droid owner I count on some assistance of the experienced Droids

thx in advance

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have no idea how to help you but you might consider trying Xscope browser then write the dev about your problem. He's very active and works hard to resolve any and all issues. good luck and :welcome: to the forum to both of you!

solution

Reaction score
I don't know what the answer might be but perhaps you can try using AlogCat to see what exactly is causing your issue. AlogCat is a event log app free from the marketplace. Perhaps then you could copy/paste your log report on your thread.