New droid...not too happy. Maybe you can help

01klrjoe

Reaction score
I just got my CPO droid x yesterday and the first issue is that the phone will shut itself off and on every 5 minutes or so. Secondly my battery lasted me like 30 minutes with the screen dimmed almost all the way down and other low power settings. Let me know if there is anyway to fix these issues otherwise i have to mail it back.

gsdreams

Reaction score
I just got my CPO droid x yesterday and the first issue is that the phone will shut itself off and on every 5 minutes or so. Secondly my battery lasted me like 30 minutes with the screen dimmed almost all the way down and other low power settings. Let me know if there is anyway to fix these issues otherwise i have to mail it back.

Have you tried factory resetting the device? That is the first step I would take.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP

01klrjoe

Reaction score

Have you tried factory resetting the device? That is the first step I would take.

where abouts is it. i still have no clue what most of the buttons do.

gsdreams

Reaction score

where abouts is it. i still have no clue what most of the buttons do.

From your home screen hit the menu button (four squares) on the bottom of the phone. Tap where it says settings. Scroll down to "Privacy". You will find it there.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh...duh....CPO= Certified Pre Owned.

Now that I know that I would contact VZW and have them send you another CPO-POS since that is what they do. This is most likely the same exact issue the device was having when it was returned originally.

OP

01klrjoe

Reaction score
oh...duh....CPO= Certified Pre Owned.

Now that I know that I would contact VZW and have them send you another CPO-POS since that is what they do. This is most likely the same exact issue the device was having when it was returned originally.

Unfortunately is probably incredibly true how right you are but for 50 dollars i figured i would roll the dice. I just figured it could have been something i could have fixed with a download or something like that.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you paid anything they should be offering you a replacement to that. Give em a call and find out. Just let us know....shoot I dont mind calling for you if you wish.....VZW does not like when I call them.

OP

01klrjoe

Reaction score
If you paid anything they should be offering you a replacement to that. Give em a call and find out. Just let us know....shoot I dont mind calling for you if you wish.....VZW does not like when I call them.

just called and their sending a replacement. who knows maybe some computer savy friend of mine may know how to fix this and ill have a nice back up.

gsdreams

Reaction score
You will have to return that one or pay full NEW retail for it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the battery you could use a battery calibration app that will at least allow your phone to display the battery Meter precisely. As far as the random reboots I would take the advice of a factory reset and at the most an sbf. Who knows what came with the phone you have.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

zwade01

Reaction score
The random reboots is a hardware issue. I had that with my first cpo dx. No "trick" worked. It did it whether it was stock, factory reset, rooted, or custom rom'ed. I got a replacement and have been fine ever since. Btw, you'll have 10 days to return your old one. They include prepaid return postage with your new phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

just called and their sending a replacement. who knows maybe some computer savy friend of mine may know how to fix this and ill have a nice back up.

you are going to have to return the one you have now when you receive the new one