New Bug: Google Bar is Twitchy

dogwolf

Reaction score
My favorite feature of the Droid is voice Google searches. I didn't like having the bar at the top so I moved the bar to the right desktop and keep it in the third (of 4) rows down.

Now: if I brush the bar it moves visually to the top of the right desktop, but the touch screen interface acts as if it's still where I put it. This is different than holding down an icon to move it.

Only a reboot can get it back (visually) where I put it.
An annoying bug that needs to be fixed.

ALSO: I would love a bigger button for Google voice searches. The little button on the right of the bar is too small. Best would be a single place-able button like a normal application icon. That would ROCK!

GolfProRM

Reaction score
You don't really even need the widget. You can hold down the search button (4th button of the "hard" buttons) and it will bring up voice search.

OP
dogwolf

dogwolf

Reaction score
My wish for an icon is for optimal thumb positioning. It might seem kind of anal, but I like playing around with icon placement so the stuff I use most is in the most comfortable range of the thumb.

On a related note, we're already seeing opinions pro and con about the new unlock button. Some people prefer the arc sweep of the old. I think the best would be an arc sweep down (starting upper right, sweeping down to lower left) to unlock (reversible for leftys). The ring off/on button could be a smaller up/down lower and closer to the palm.

I design user interfaces and experiences for a living so I get a little obsessed with this stuff.

OP
dogwolf

dogwolf

Reaction score
oh yeah, like that one...doh!

Thanks for the instant gratification Cong!

Now back to that silly bug...