New app...Power Strip

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's nice. I wonder though if it would work with my Beautiful Widget shortcuts. Probably worth a buck if it does what they say.

coolkidd

Reaction score
$1 today.... $2.99 tomorrow.... just bought it because lifehacker recommended it... it works well with launcher pro

rmart88

Reaction score
Ive been using Power Strip for about 3 weeks now, I love it :) I use it along with Widget Locker and I no longer use a home replacement (or stock home). I never have to "unlock" my phone, its all right there on my lockscreen or in WL dancedroid

drpurp

Reaction score
I've been using it for a while and I love it.

There's also a free alternative called QuickDesk for those that don't want to spend.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so far i like it, I am able to clean my screen of some widgets. And settings widget works as well.

xCaldazar

Reaction score
Trying out quickdesk, but it keeps having problems with the music player. Wont pause right away, I have to press multiple times. Then album art disappeared and none of the music widget worked at all.

Neat idea for both apps, but I think I can do without.

drpurp

Reaction score
Ehh, ive tried Quickdesk and didnt really like it though

It was decent for me, but I tried out PS and haven't looked back. I combined it with a lock disabler and I'm down to one homescreen with my key widgets and wallpaper. :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
so far i like it, I am able to clean my screen of some widgets. And settings widget works as well.

Same here. With a little work, I could probably drop the number of screens from 5 to 3.

UPDATE: I've uninstalled it. Yes, it works fine, but it just isn't something I need.

Last edited:

Sal R.

Reaction score
Works out pretty good w/ LP. I have the long press search assigned to bring it up. Comes it handy more than I originally thought.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Between power strip and the scrolling icons setup at the bottom of launcherpro- I only have a clock widget on my home screen.

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~