NEW Android 7.1.2 Beta Is Now Official!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-Nougat-Maintenance-Releases.png

The latest and greatest build of Android 7.1.2 is now official. It is currently available for download in open beta. The update is a bit anticlimactic however and is exactly what we expected it to be, an incremental build. Android VP of Engineering David Burke says the update is focused on refinements and includes bug fixes and optimizations. There are also a few enhancements for carriers and users. If your devices is enrolled in the Android Beta program you will begin to see the update roll out to your device starting today. You can head to the link below to enroll your device in the Android Beta Program.

via Android Beta Program

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Cool. Just enrolled.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Enrolled today myself. Very impressed with my Pixel to this day and don't mind being a guinea pig

tommyz

Reaction score
I hope this fixes the shutdown issue on the 6p... I actually was out hiking in 20 degree weather and had the phone shutdown at 73%. I started it back up and it said 1% then shutdown immediately. Plugged it into my car and it turned on and had a 73% battery available.

I'm convinced it's a software issue.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I hope this fixes the shutdown issue on the 6p... I actually was out hiking in 20 degree weather and had the phone shutdown at 73%. I started it back up and it said 1% then shutdown immediately. Plugged it into my car and it turned on and had a 73% battery available.

I'm convinced it's a software issue.
Oddly, not available for the 6P yet, last I read about this particular build. 6P coming soon. Wondering if that has anything to do with these bugs that they've never admitted but many are experiencing.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
cc2a86c9b2826a003785bc962a4f96b0.jpg

Just got it. Don't expect to be able to see any differences after reading release notes.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
cc2a86c9b2826a003785bc962a4f96b0.jpg

Just got it. Don't expect to be able to see any differences after reading release notes.

I was on the beta with my 6P. The changelog for this build seems to have more known issues than things I'd want/notice, so I chose to pass.

Sent from my Pixel XL

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
One note... The location symbol has not gone away since the update. Wondering if it's meant to be perminantley up there or if an app is constantly using it now....

hellspawnuk

Reaction score
Website
hellspawn.uk
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Its good for all the game lovers now you can enjoy high resolution games on your cell easily.

Attachments

• hellspawn.jpg
    hellspawn.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 217

Briankbl

Reaction score
The update is a bit anticlimactic however and is exactly what we expected it to be, an incremental build.

Then why did you try and hype the subject line with "NEW" and an exclamation point? For clicks?