New Ally - Issues with sound

pmalloy

Reaction score
Just turned this phone on for the first time, and started playing around with it. Eventually made my way to the page with all the prepackaged ringtones, and tried to browse through them to figure out which I would like most. As I selected them, I thought it odd that I couldn't preview the ringtones as I clicked them. Went through the other settings, and the phone's sound was indeed on and vibrate mode was off. Called my cell using a landline, and while it did show the incoming call, there was still no sound - not even a vibration. I answered the phone, and the sound worked until I tried switching to speakerphone, where it once again went silent.

So yeah, am I missing something huge? I just can't for the life of me figure out how to get the speaker responsible for rings/notifications/speakerphone to work.

LGAlly

Reaction score
I got my Ally on Monday, Wednesday I took it back because the back button on the screen was not responsive... they gave me a new one... I was back Thursday (today) with the problem you mentioned on my newer new Ally... Get this, when I gave it to the worker it magically started working... So I brought it home and the speaker has once again stopped working... Whenever I take the battery out and put it back in the speaker will work again... but then at some point it will go out... I don't know what is triggering the speaker to stop working but I'm taking this one back to get my THIRD LG Ally in 5 days... If this one doesn't work I'm changing phones.

invishand

Reaction score
New LG Ally out of box and intermittent speakerphone

Yep, same problem. My speakerphone almost never works when i make a normal call then, a couple seconds later, switch to speakerphone.

I turn off speaker and the call is still active, the mic works the whole time even thought the speaker did. I am returning it today.

Well, it was a great phone for about 12hrs... any solutions to this problem before i return it?

malgal2k1

Reaction score
I had this same problem a few days ago. I took my phone to verizon and all they said was that they could send me a new Ally. I got my new phone and the sound worked on it, but nothing else really did.