Network Access and Beautiful Widgets in 2.2

billyk

Reaction score
Just got 2.2 yesterday. Here's a few curious changes I've noticed:

- If I re-boot my Droid in a low signal area, say at my desk where I consistently get a 1x signal, my Droid will not connect at all. In the past, my Droid would connect. Now I have to go to strong signal area just to jump-start the network connection. Then, when I go back to my desk, it'll hold on to it. But I can't re-boot there and have a connection!

- The "transparency" setting in Beautiful Weather creates a background that does not cover the entire area behind the widget - very weird! I have to turn transparency off for the widget background to fill the widget area.

- Beautiful Weather now displays a numerical value instead of the city name in low signal areas. My location at work has been "1" all day today.

Anyone see the same things?

EbE404

Reaction score
Just got 2.2 yesterday. Here's a few curious changes I've noticed:

- If I re-boot my Droid in a low signal area, say at my desk where I consistently get a 1x signal, my Droid will not connect at all. In the past, my Droid would connect. Now I have to go to strong signal area just to jump-start the network connection. Then, when I go back to my desk, it'll hold on to it. But I can't re-boot there and have a connection!

- The "transparency" setting in Beautiful Weather creates a background that does not cover the entire area behind the widget - very weird! I have to turn transparency off for the widget background to fill the widget area.

- Beautiful Weather now displays a numerical value instead of the city name in low signal areas. My location at work has been "1" all day today.

Anyone see the same things?

Not sure about the first question, I haven't seen that.

Regarding BW, I know an update was just pushed out in the last couple of days, so make sure that you update it. I have also seen issues where deleting and re-adding the widget cleaned up behavior.