Need to unroot back to factory for warranty exchange

apastuszak

Reaction score
Ok, My headphone jack is going on my original Droid. In order to make a claim under waranty and have them do the required troubleshooting, I need to unroot the phone, remove clockwork and put the stock 2.2.1 ROM back on the phone.

Is there a guide for this?

I'm currently rooted, running UltimateDroid 2.5, with a 1 Ghz Slayher kernel.

Last edited:

painball64

Reaction score
Hey iv had to do this before. If u goto the hacking section under noob guides for rooting. In there u should find a guide for rooting/unrooting ur og droid. That's what I used. The one I used I think its sbf file guide. U use rsd lite. Works the easiest and gets back the stock recovery also

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

OP
A

apastuszak

Reaction score
Went back to stock 2.2. Phone got the OTA 2.2.1 update. Everything seems to be fine. Afte running UD since version 1.0, I'd forgotten how nice the default Android look is. I think next time around I may just root without the custom ROM.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Went back to stock 2.2. Phone got the OTA 2.2.1 update. Everything seems to be fine. Afte running UD since version 1.0, I'd forgotten how nice the default Android look is. I think next time around I may just root without the custom ROM.

That's what I did. And I honestly think you'll have less issues with your phone then going with a Custom Rom.

OP
A

apastuszak

Reaction score
All my apps are now sitting on "Starting Download." Been that way for over an hour now. Is that normal?

OP
A

apastuszak

Reaction score
OK, so now with the stock ROM on it, the headphone jack is fine. So, I am on 2.2.1 and want to root the phone again. What's the easiest way to root these days? It's been a long time since I rooted a Droid. Is there a better way than using RSD?