Need to start from scratch

sudermatt

Reaction score
I have an old D1 that I don't use anymore but my Dad wants it so I gotta revive it.

I have a fresh SD card with nothing on it.

The Droid doesn't boot right now...well it boots...but the language is french or something...I get some strange error on the first screen.

So I downloaded a ROM and put it on a the SD card...when I went to Recovery and tried to "Install from SD Card" it said the SD Card could not be accessed.

So now what?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd start fresh with a factory reset, that can be done from the recovery screen.

666ogre666

Reaction score
What recovery are you on? Id recommend formatting everything from recover, sd card, boot, system, data, cache, and then try mounting it from recovery and putting a new rom on it and try installing. If that doesn't work try an SBF flash. If THAT doesn't work then id say your probably outta luck.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

brando56894

Reaction score
Your SD card may be corrupted. Try formatting it on a PC and see if that helps with your issue. If you want to really go back to original flash an SBF and it will make it completely clean like the day you got it.

Fluffy

Reaction score
Your SD card may be corrupted. Try formatting it on a PC and see if that helps with your issue. If you want to really go back to original flash an SBF and it will make it completely clean like the day you got it.

what do you mean SBF? im looking to go back to stock aswell

mjh68

Reaction score

what do you mean SBF? im looking to go back to stock aswell

The SBF is essentially the original rom image from Motorola , it can only be flashed using RSD which is how the phone techs wipe and fix the phone.
I am sure the rescue or help section has a sticky on what it is exactly, and how to flash it. Things can go wrong horribly, but not to many real cases of it actually happening. :)

Fluffy

Reaction score
couldn't I just go to factory default and it would be the same as reflashing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App