Need suggestion for longer car charging cable

bluevolume

Reaction score
I drive a Town & Country (lame I know but the kids love it), and the cig ports are really low on the dash. All of the car chargers I have been able to find are too short, given that the charger port on the fascinate is on the top, you can't have any stretch in the cord or it will try to pull the phone off the mount.

Can anyone point me to a decent car charger that has a longer cord? Include a link to Amazon or whatever? It would be great if somebody could suggest a product they have actually bought; I have had plenty of chargers that were cheap junk and I don't want to waste money on any more of those.

webeougher

Reaction score
I actually purchased a 2-port DC to USB converter (~$10 at Wal-Mart) to charge my GPS and my phone at the same time. USB cables provide a lot more flexibility in length so perhaps that's an option for you?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

vegainey

Reaction score
The folks at usbfirewire.com offer a selection of micro usb-b extension cables in various lengths and with angled connectors on each end to fit most any requirement. Quality if their product is excellent and Customer Sercie cannot be beat.

I had to extend my charger cable from inside my center console storage box to the top left corner of my windshield, all hidden, or course.
I called to change my order after it was confirmed and their customer service dept. was able to recommend the best option for what I was doing, made the adjustment to the order, including correct billing for the final order, literally minutes before it shipped.

freshveggies

Reaction score
I already had a standard sized USB extension cable from a different device. I have used it with my wifi antenna, iphone, ipod, android phone, etc. In the car I plug it into a car to USB adapter. Because it is the standard size it is very versatile. That may also work for you.

broderp

Reaction score
I have many of these around the house:

USB A Male to B Mini Male Cable 6 ft.

with this:

USB A Male to B Mini Male Cable 6 ft.

I'm local to the store and they have sales. I bought the chargers for $1.50 & the cables for about $3.

Look around, they also sell them in lengths up to 15'. I was plugged in last night and sitting in my lazy boy charging my phone while I surfed the app market. Pretty convenient.

Best bang for the buck. :icon_ banana:

Last edited: