Need some help!

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Ok, so I dropped my x and cracked the screen pretty bad. I need to take it in to get a new one but I have some questions first.

Do I need to unroot and go back to stock?

If so, I have a questions about the proper way to accomplish this goal.

Im running rubix blurry 2.0. When I first got clockworkmod I made a nandroid backup. Can I just wipe data, then install my backup, then unroot with z4root (thats how I got rooted), then just delete all the rooted apps and im good?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
W

Whitemike358

Reaction score
I ain't got a clue how to use rsd lite, that's why I was going to use my original backup, which I thought was the whole reason to make a complete backup to begin with when I started.

Sent from my DROIDX

wyld

Reaction score
If you're gonna try the warranty out the phone. I recommend a full sbf. That way it'll wipe all the data. Watch a couple videos on youtube. Search for droid x sbf.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

wyld

Reaction score
I am very sorry for the multiple posts! But I'm very busy with work and try to help whenever I can. I'm gonna assume your backup was created after you were rooted. And that's not how you wanna send the phone back to verizon! An sbf and a wipe data factory reset.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

YvesSaintYuki

Reaction score
If you're going to do a insurance claim go thru all that when you can just say you lost the phone then you don't have to send it in..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums