need serious help

davidjacobmorrison

Reaction score
While trying to unroot my phone I have ran into some issues.

1. I have some how denied myself access to my settings and everytime I try to get into my superuser permissions it force closes.

2. I am using the clockwork rom manager and everytime I try to boot into recovery it tells me I don't have access. Even when I do the power+x to boot into recovery I can't see the menu at all.

3. I can't make calls, but can receive them. Everytime I try to push my phone icon it tells me the phone application is not installed.

Any help would be amazing!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1-if you unroot, ur superuser app isnt going to work.

2-same thing here. CW needs root to work.

3-did you delete something when you were rooted?

and how are u unrooting? I assume you have the droid 1?

OP
D

davidjacobmorrison

Reaction score
Yes it is the droid 1.

I was using the youtube video from droid review. He had a tutorial on how to unroot and it was a zip file that he had to rename update, but when I ran it through and went into recovery it said it failed. So I went back to the clockwork rom manager and did a revert to the stock settings and that installed fine, but that's when I found out I couldn't get the settings to come up and the superuser quit working. I noticed this morning after church that there was no way for me to dial out, but can receive calls.

Thanks for your help!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you got back to stock, id say do a quick factory reset to fix the dialing problem and see if that fixes anything.

OP
D

davidjacobmorrison

Reaction score
if you got back to stock, id say do a quick factory reset to fix the dialing problem and see if that fixes anything.

I tried that, but when I tried to get into the recovery to do a factory reset all I saw was an exclamation point inside a triangle with the droid next to it. No usual menus or anything... any other suggestions? Is there away using a terminal emulator to bypass it or a program to fix everything I messed up?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
press the camera button (i believe) when u get to teh ! point to get to stock recovery.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
You can do the factory data reset via the phone's menu system. Go here:

menu -> settings -> privacy -> factory data reset

And to enter the menu system on the factory recovery system, you hold the volume up button and the press the camera button.

good luck

OP
D

davidjacobmorrison

Reaction score
Thanks Abe! You're the man! Got it back up and running. Stupid question: since I did the factory reset from stock does that mean I'm unrooted? Or do I need to do something else. Reason asking is my wireless tether and shoot me don't work. Haven't tried clockwork rom manager yet.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
factory reset does not remove root. but if you applied the stock update.zip then that would do it.

OP
D

davidjacobmorrison

Reaction score
I tried that and got

E:error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status2)
Installation aborted

Any thoughts?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
does it say anything else? and what update are you trying to apply?

OP
D

davidjacobmorrison

Reaction score
I am going to the android system recovery > selecting apply sd card update.zip

Then it runs and when it gets to verify package it says that error message that I posted above

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont know the error so i posted it for other RS members to see.

just hold tight.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Edit: Didn't read posts after OP sorry, hold off on this

First time I've heard of this.....your phone problem is very weird, the only thing that I can think of that MIGHT fix it is adb pushing the phone.apk to your phone, but seeing as how much its acting up, I think that using RSD Lite would be the easiest thing for you now. Once you set up RSD Lite, read box 6 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want to know if you still are rooted look for the superuser.apk app in your app drawer. You also can try Root Explorer to see if you can make /system read writeable or use Terminal Emulator to try and type su and see if you get the # symbol.

It sounds like you have the stock recovery app back in place. Rom Manager won't let you flash the Clockwork recovery unless you are rooted so that would be another test, try and flash that.

To recap: the dialer is now working fine, everything functions on the phone and you just want to know if you are unrooted, right?