Need Help Rooted Droid Doing Looping Reboot.

unkledaddy

Reaction score
Ok I have a rooted moto droid I tried putting a theme on it from a link on here I applied it on metamorph and it rebooted my phone now it turns on the motorala m shows up and the droidmod screen comes on but it won't turn on the droidmod screen goes away then comes back and it does it over and over again!!! Please tell me I didn't brick my phone and I can fix this please help me

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Re: Need Help Rooted Droid Doing Looping Reboot

Did you create a nandroid backup at any point before attempting to apply the theme?

If so, you should be able to boot into recovery and restore to that backup.

You're not bricked.

Reaction score
+1 to what jonny said. if you didnt make a nandroid backup then you'll just have to boot into recovery and flash a brand new rom :)

droidman101

Reaction score
Ok I have a rooted moto droid I tried putting a theme on it from a link on here I applied it on metamorph and it rebooted my phone now it turns on the motorala m shows up and the droidmod screen comes on but it won't turn on the droidmod screen goes away then comes back and it does it over and over again!!! Please tell me I didn't brick my phone and I can fix this please help me

Ok calm down
Remove your battery and put it back in to stop the animation, then hold x and power button
Using volume buttons as scroll and camera as trigger:
In the menu wipe cache and data, then go to backup/restore
Click advanced nandroid restore
Click on choose backup and choose the latest backup you had
Click on all options to make them all have a star (*)
Click on restore
That will take a while once its finished tap the power button until you come back to the regular recovery screen then click on reboot
If that doesn't work you might have to use .sbf
Edit: or you might have to install a different rom as he said^

OP
unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Reaction score
Yes it worked!!! Thanks a lot you guys for helping out a noon like me is there a safer way to apply themes im still trying to figure all this out

droidman101

Reaction score
Yes it worked!!! Thanks a lot you guys for helping out a noon like me is there a safer way to apply themes im still trying to figure all this out

Actually, not that I know of but it isn't too dangerous there is always a way to fix it if you can at least get the m logo by reflashing the entire phone with a .sbf file, fortunately you didn't have to go there

OP
unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Reaction score
Well how do I put a new theme on my phone I have. Seen some really cool ones and I wanna mod my phone the only thing I have done is put the Droid font on it lol

superglen99

Reaction score
download Rom manager from the market its free. From there you flash clockwork mod and then click download rom in rom manager. If you have the free version it gives you the option for several cyanogen roms which are very good. If you get the paid version you can access all the roms. You download your choice or rom and fyi, try to do this while on wifi cause the files can be quite big. Then you select make a back up and wipe data/cache when prompted and the rom does the rest :)

alejandroo14

Reaction score
Actually, not that I know of but it isn't too dangerous there is always a way to fix it if you can at least get the m logo by reflashing the entire phone with a .sbf file, fortunately you didn't have to go there[/QUOTE]

Hi, Droidman,

I have a little problem with my droid, every time i want to power on the device i can only see the logo with the m, i did the reflashing with the .sbf file and it works!!!!th phone finally turn on, now the problem is that if i reboot the phone i have the same problem again, any ideas?