Need help: Reset my droid completely back to stock

reloaded.89

Reaction score
So I was impatient a few days ago and decided to root my droid and install froyo onto my phone. alas, i'm having issues with this rooted froyo build, market apps don't appear, somewhat laggy, little things that i never really experienced with stock 2.1 and willing to now wait for verizon to push out an official 2.2 build out over the air.

anyhows, i used rsd lite to install sprecovery ese81.spf onto my phone and then installed a rooted 2.1 rom. after that i installed a froyo build through the sprecovery i installed.

could someone walk me through how to remove froyo and return to stock settings everywhere on the phone. i want my droid to seem as if its never been modified. so stock software and recovery image.

i've downloaded the original recovery images of 2.0.1 and 2.1 but rsd lite keeps saying it won't work; i'm guessing i need to go down from 2.2 to 2.1 or 2.0.1 (?)

sorry, i'm not very technical when it comes to android, more familiar with windows mobile [i know, who uses that stuff still, right?]

thanks in advance for any help.

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
did you make a full nandroid back up of your rom before you installed 2.2?

droidman101

Reaction score
So I was impatient a few days ago and decided to root my droid and install froyo onto my phone. alas, i'm having issues with this rooted froyo build, market apps don't appear, somewhat laggy, little things that i never really experienced with stock 2.1 and willing to now wait for verizon to push out an official 2.2 build out over the air.

anyhows, i used rsd lite to install sprecovery ese81.spf onto my phone and then installed a rooted 2.1 rom. after that i installed a froyo build through the sprecovery i installed.

could someone walk me through how to remove froyo and return to stock settings everywhere on the phone. i want my droid to seem as if its never been modified. so stock software and recovery image.

i've downloaded the original recovery images of 2.0.1 and 2.1 but rsd lite keeps saying it won't work; i'm guessing i need to go down from 2.2 to 2.1 or 2.0.1 (?)

sorry, i'm not very technical when it comes to android, more familiar with windows mobile [i know, who uses that stuff still, right?]

ok,
1. download rom manager(free) from the market.
2. open it and hit flash clockworkmod recovery
3. hit menu
4. hit settings
5. click advanced mode
6. hit back
7. go to download rom
8. go to stock images
9. go to(lowest one) verizon droid 2.0.1 stock
10. wait for it to download, takes about 10-30 mins
11. keep waiting as it will do everything for you
12. when its done, you will probably get a notification to update to 2.1, so do so. if not, just wait, it will come eventually

there you go, how to unroot

OP
reloaded.89

reloaded.89

Reaction score

ok,
1. download rom manager(free) from the market.
2. open it and hit flash clockworkmod recovery
3. hit menu
4. hit settings
5. click advanced mode
6. hit back
7. go to download rom
8. go to stock images
9. go to(lowest one) verizon droid 2.0.1 stock
10. wait for it to download, takes about 10-30 mins
11. keep waiting as it will do everything for you
12. when its done, you will probably get a notification to update to 2.1, so do so. if not, just wait, it will come eventually

there you go, how to unroot

will this also get rid of the sprecovery spf flash that i did?

droidman101

Reaction score
Yes it does, fully stock, you might have to wipe data and cache, but I think that this does it for you

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
if this works, i'll be curious... i reflashed last night and haven't been able to get the 2.1 OTA to download at all, so i'm sitting stuck on 2.0.1 at the moment until i can figure this out...

droidman101

Reaction score
In settings under about phone there's a check for updates option, click it

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
reloaded.89

reloaded.89

Reaction score
i've been trying to use rsd lite to reflash the sbf, but rsd keeps telling me it fails before it does anything

OP
reloaded.89

reloaded.89

Reaction score
Yes it does, fully stock, you might have to wipe data and cache, but I think that this does it for you

hi droidman101, i tried your method with rom manager and the stock 2.0.1 rom, but, so far i've tried it twice, it always just boots back to the 2.2 build. i've selected the two options for backing up the current rom and wiping cache, but still it always boot back into 2.2.

i got the instructions for installing 2.2 from Download: Newer Motorola Droid Froyo Leak FRF57 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog