Need help: Phone having weird issue

newbie2droid2

Reaction score
Hello Experts:

I have a rooted Droid 2 (running software 2.2). I rooted the phone using Z4root. I have also installed Droid2 Bootstrapper, and create Backup of the phone. I am on Pageplus's prepaid plan and that works fine for me. Phone was working fine till this morning and now I have a weird problem. I have googled for the solution, but no luck. So, here I come:

This morning, I installed Gasbuddy app (d/led from android market) and also updates to some of the apps. After this, I connected the phone to my PC to charge it, and successfully ejected it later. I did not see the home screen, so I rebooted the phone. When I rebooted, the phone seemed to start successfully with white M icon and droid eye. After it boots, I see the screen showing Verizon Wireless, Date, lock thing, and notification bar, showing missed calls and text notification, clock, and battery icon (meaning that display is fine). I can reply to a text message that I receive, and can answer the phone call. However, if I have to send a text message or make a phone call, I only see the black screen, and do not see any home screen icons. Pressing home screen doesn't do anything, but if I press it a number of times, then voice search thing starts up. When I was in the text screen, pressing the settings button brought up the settings for text program. This tells me that the bottom part of the screen is working fine too.

I am stuck now. Please help a newbie get some more life out of his droid.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Pull the battery, hopefully that will get er done, or at least get bootstrapper to come on and then you can restore from your backup.
Not fixed? Look in the Rescue squad string for Droid 2 for similar problems and other solutions. I just do not come on here often enough to remember the specific key's you hit on the keyboard to get into bootstrap, but pulling my battery usually boots into it.