need help on flashing back to stock rom for droid 2

zzhou

Reaction score
I rooted my new Droid 2 with Z4Root. deleted couple of apps that came with the phone. I tried to flash it back to the stock rom. I used RSDLite 4.8, it would show my device until I powered my D2 off and then use Power+Up arrow combo to boot to the bootloader. I used a full SBF 2.3.20. it's all completed. I had to dial *228 to activate my phone again. My question is that it still have my old wallpaper, and the deleted apps are still missing, I did lose the root. Did I really flash it back to the stock rom? if so, how do I get the deleted app back?

PanicProne

Reaction score
you have to let the rsdlite do all the work..have debugging and pcmode set on your phone and connect to your computer and start up the program and let it run it will put it in bootloader on its own...i also recently use rsdlite and had the same outcome with the wallpaper but had all the old programs just try it again and see what happens...

oh yeah forgot to mention you have to go to security and restore them back to facotry settings or you could just turn off your phone and hold down x then when the recovery comes up select clear all/factory restore

:blackdroid:

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to wipe data/cache, then flash.

OP
Z

zzhou

Reaction score
Would wiping data/cache restore the deleted apps? Will the full SBF restore my droid 2 back to out of box stage if I can ever get my droid 2 to show up on the RSDLite?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Were you using another ROM or are you flashing from stock to stock?

OP
Z

zzhou

Reaction score
I'm trying to flash from stock that's missing a couple of apps to a stock SBF

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App