Need Help for my Nvidia Shield TV

DonaldSilver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Infnix Zero 5
Twitter
@donsilverburgh
Hi,

I am a new guy on this Forum. I hope at this place, my issues will be resolved. OK here goes

I have a Nvidia Sheild TV. I haven't rooted or modified neither the machine nor the operating system. I have the latest and the updated operating system. In fact, the thing is, I updated my device a week ago. I am a Kodi user as well. I was using Kodi before the firmware updates and it was working like a charm. Now, after a week I got the chance to open my Kodi. I opened it and it said that update is available which is latest v18. I previously had 17.5.
I updated it. Now when I updated it, I saw that Kodi opened, the menu came and after 3 to 5 seconds, the Kodi automatically turned off and I was returned to the main screen. I don't know what happened. I uninstalled and revert back to the old one. But the problem didn't resolve. Not only just Kodi is crashing but also when I quickly scrolled through the addons section, they were also not there. I mean my whole list of the best Kodi addons that I took out to enjoy myself were gone with a single update. :(
kodiaddonz.com/
Can anyone guide me what can possibly be the problem? How can I resolve this?

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a Nvidia shield tv, I'll see if I'm having a problem with Kodi and will get back to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
DonaldSilver

DonaldSilver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Infnix Zero 5
Twitter
@donsilverburgh
Thanks, I don't know why m I getting this feeling if I have to hard reset it or don't know what :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for being slow to respond but just getting a chance to check. My Kodi seems to be working fine and I updated everything.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you reboot after the update?
Other than the reboot the device does on its own during the process I didn't reboot.

My suggestion to the op is if it keeps causing an issue remove the app, reboot to wipe cache, and then reinstall.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Hi,

I am a new guy on this Forum. I hope at this place, my issues will be resolved. OK here goes

I have a Nvidia Sheild TV. I haven't rooted or modified neither the machine nor the operating system. I have the latest and the updated operating system. In fact, the thing is, I updated my device a week ago. I am a Kodi user as well. I was using Kodi before the firmware updates and it was working like a charm. Now, after a week I got the chance to open my Kodi. I opened it and it said that update is available which is latest v18. I previously had 17.5.
I updated it. Now when I updated it, I saw that Kodi opened, the menu came and after 3 to 5 seconds, the Kodi automatically turned off and I was returned to the main screen. I don't know what happened. I uninstalled and revert back to the old one. But the problem didn't resolve. Not only just Kodi is crashing but also when I quickly scrolled through the addons section, they were also not there. I mean my whole list of the best Kodi addons that I took out to enjoy myself were gone with a single update. :(
kodiaddonz.com/
Can anyone guide me what can possibly be the problem? How can I resolve this?
I am a bit confused regarding the version numbers you quoted.
KODI 18 is still under development and has not been officially launched. There is a beta version available but I doubt you would get an update notice for it.
The current KODI ver is 17.6. I would verify that 17.6 is installed.

I have no issue with the Shield works fine same as @pc747 had reported.
My guess, something may have corrupted your system. If you are still experiencing a problem, I would do a factory reset. Install KODI 17.6 directly from the PS or from kodi.tv.
Do not side load it from any other source. Then install your add-ons. Let us know how this works out for you. Good luck