Need help ASAP PLEASE!!

basedboii

Reaction score
okay i installed bb.1 froyo, and i tried to go back to old 2.1 with rom manager restoring my old back up. but now im stuck with the M logo, i cant go in to the recovery menu. what do i do???

lee__D

Reaction score
have u tried to boot into recovery manually?

power off

hold x, power on to boot into recovery manually

OP
basedboii

basedboii

Reaction score
yes i tried that it doesnt work, i think im screwed

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
hold up arrow/alt/del down until the screen flashes and then hold the x key until the M logo comes back and you should boot into recovery in a little bit.

If that doesn't work go to the hacking help section, just relax though you are safe just might take a few tries to get you into recovery.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
okay i installed bb.1 froyo, and i tried to go back to old 2.1 with rom manager restoring my old back up. but now im stuck with the M logo, i cant go in to the recovery menu. what do i do???

I had the same issue, the solution has been posted in a couple of threads in the BB section. The behavior I saw before the second flash of CW was, try to install from RM, phone reboots, goes to the M screen, looks for a second like it might go to CW then goes back the M and boots into 2.2. If you can't get past the M, try a battery pull.

I had to flash Clockwork a second time, worked fine after the second flash.

USCChem

Reaction score
For some weird reason it seems like the froyo ROMs have beef with clockwork recovery 1.8.1.4.....and they just boot to the M, stay there for a long time and then boot into the ROM (and not recovery). Why? No idea. I suggest trying flashing 1.8.1.3 and seeing if that works. It probably will.

DroidFan88

Reaction score
For some weird reason it seems like the froyo ROMs have beef with clockwork recovery 1.8.1.4.....and they just boot to the M, stay there for a long time and then boot into the ROM (and not recovery). Why? No idea. I suggest trying flashing 1.8.1.3 and seeing if that works. It probably will.

I had the same issue. I re-flashed in ROM manager to SPR recovery and then flashed Froyo. Once that was done, I reflashes the clockwork recovery and all was fine after that when I then wanted to install one of the overclocking ROMs. I think it is just an issue with the original flash of Froyo.