Need For Speed Shift Comes to Android!!! June 4th

gertman

Reaction score
I did search and did NOT find a thread on this yet so here goes:

EA is launching Need For Speed Shift for Android on June 4th!!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

There is not much news on it but here is a link to a news story:

NFS Shift Launching on Android soon

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thx for news.
From where do you get the info? Gameloft? I tried often to build up a press contact with gameloft. Hey im writing for a very well known android blog. But they never answered me.

EDIT : whooooooooops its from EA GAMES not gameloft. shame on me lol. im getting old im afraid :D.

Last edited:

azazin

Reaction score
Awesome to hear developers getting involved!! :D can't wait :p

td854

Reaction score
If a bigger dev like EA is getting in on Android, hopefully more will follow, along with the smaller companies that are "focusing on iPhone."

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
here a new video with nfs on nexus.

[video=youtube;gfJVqFlVAtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVqFlVAtE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Need for Speed Shift for Android[/video]

jssmith76

Reaction score
*** Bump ***

Since this game is supposed to drop tomorrow, I was wondering, if we were to download this game, and it currently gets installed on the phone HD right now, when 2.2 finally comes out, will the game be moved to the SD card during the update, or will we need to uninstall/reinstall so it moves to the SD card?

Also, has anyone heard/read any more info/reviews/previews on this game?

Thanks,
Josh

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
jssmith76,

If this game is available on the Android Market then you would be able to re-download and install it again at anytime free of charge. So after you get Froyo you could always uninstall and re-download it for free.

Also, I thought in Froyo you could freely move apps that are already installed between the phone's memory and the SD card. ??

Anyway, I do not think anybody knows for sure how much room it is going to take up on the phone's memory yet.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
This looks like perhaps one of the biggest games to hit the Droid. Hope it starts a feeding frenzy personally. :)

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks accelerometer-controlled racing is clunky and not worth playing?

As a spoiled Game Gripper owner, I refuse to buy a racing game without keyboard support.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
And with us nonroot users being able to put apps on SD soon this will rock :)

It really doesn't matter much, anyways. Games like Asphalt 5 (which is ALMOST as graphically demanding as NFS: Shift) put a small launcher app (a few megabytes) in the phone memory, and upon first launch they download a large amount of level data to the SD card. Root is not necessary as it's all a bunch of data files (basically the same way old PC CD-ROM titles installed a launcher app on the PC's hard drive; and loaded data from the CD)

Apps2SD DOES rock however (root user here) - the amount of apps I have installed is staggering; and although my Apps2SD partition is 96MB shy of being filled my phone still has ~180MB of memory free. I am using a 512MB Apps2SD partition. I am OVERJOYED to hear that you non-rooters will be enjoying this soon. Hopefully the official 2.2 release will allow user-selection of partition size >512MB - if I had my choice i'd prefer a 4GB app partition. I know I could probably manually do this; but somehow i'd end up screwing it up - i've never been very good with Linux partitioning.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks accelerometer-controlled racing is clunky and not worth playing?

As a spoiled Game Gripper owner, I refuse to buy a racing game without keyboard support.

To be honest with you, the digital controls offered by the keyboard (Game Gripper) are MUCH less realistic than the analog control of the accelerometer. However it's a matter of personal preference; and how long you are willing to spend to perfect steering with the accelerometer method.

If a true driving simulation appears on the Droid; however, expect the Game Gripper to work poorly. Imagine trying to play Forza 3 on the 360 with the d-pad.

OhioDroid80

Reaction score
Cost

I must say it looks great!! However, I'm sure EA will want their slice of the pie so does anyone have an idea of how much they will end up asking for this game to be downloaded??