need for speed boot animation

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Can any one help me with this boot animation I've tried different things but I keep getting a blank screen. Idk what's wrong with the desc.txt

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

djakrse

Reaction score
Try this (I haven't tested it)

edit: oops, just played mp3 for first time. It's 46 seconds long so wont play in sync. Also, sounds like the video will be playing about twice as fast as it should. Might need to edit somehow or choose different video.

Last edited:
OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Thank you, you are my hero lol I couldn't get the sound to work the video Is fast tho. Can you change the fps to 15fps since 15=1second of video there are about 660 frames so the boot would play for about 44 seconds. Does it work that way. I tried messing with the desc but it doesn't play

Edit: I think the audio is supposed to be named bootup.ogg, can the dimensions be 480 800.

djakrse

Reaction score
Thank you, you are my hero lol I couldn't get the sound to work the video Is fast tho. Can you change the fps to 15fps since 15=1second of video there are about 660 frames so the boot would play for about 44 seconds. Does it work that way. I tried messing with the desc but it doesn't play
that's exactly right. Change the 30 on the first line to 15. 45 seconds is probably too long and would get cut off i imagine but it's a good experiment to find out how far it'll get.

Edit: I think the audio is supposed to be named bootup.ogg, can the dimensions be 480 800.

The audio can be named what you want it to be and it can be ogg or mp3. You just have to match that in your desc.txt.

The dimensions can be full screen but it's guaranteed to slow it down. I would try to play it, just changing fps to 15 right now. If you are happy with the results, you can safely change the resolution to at least 480 by whatever it comes out to, not adding any more canvas than a straight resize. Once you resize, update your desc.txt. the first 2 numbers should match the new width and height of your resized frames.

Good luck, i hope it plays. Just get some popcorn. ;)

djakrse

Reaction score
First, I assume you know it should be named "bootanimation.zip" only. Most times, people name it whatever and tell you to rename it before installation. I suggest naming it exactly bootanimation.zip and then zip that up into whatever you wanna call it. This way you can also add compression and lower the attachment size.

The next thing is the dimensions of the images need to be reflected in the desc.txt:
Code:
480 270 10
p 1 0 android
p 0 0 part1
Also, I noticed the image in the 2nd part is a lower number than the end of the first part. I don't think that will cause trouble, but I renamed it so that it could be merged into the first part.

Your animation has nearly 270 frames. The desc.txt is saying it should play at 10 fps (3rd number on first line); I am betting it should be more like 30 fps, so I adjusted as such.

I've made these changes just to get it to work, though I haven't tested it. I have another suggestion, though I didn't make this modification.

Just a suggestion:
I don't understand the reason for having the last image in its own folder, unless it was simply because another animation was modified. As it is, The android folder is played once, and then the single image in the second folder is looped. Since this image is just a final frame at the end of the first part, it doesn't add any effect other than to pause at the end.
It is probably meant to freeze on the final frame right up until the lockscreen appears, but if your animation is around 10 seconds the OS will be just about booted anyway. Then again, I guess a second or 2 of blank screen can make the difference.

If you start adding sound to the animation, this can be a deal breaker and it helps to have everything in one folder. In the case of the R2D2 boot animation, only the first frame paused and then the 2nd part of the animation looped with sound. I don't think this works too well for the D1, so keeping the animation simple when playing sound works well.

I would put that image at the end of the 1st folder and change the desc.txt to add a few seconds of delay at the end of the animation:
Code:
480 270 30
p 1 90 android
That gives a 3 second pause at the end, 90/30 frames x 30 frames/second. That's the way I've come to understand it. The 90 is not an amount of seconds, but a number of frames to delay.

I hope all of that makes sense and is helpful. :)

Last edited:
OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Well when I zipped the folders I would name it anything then I would rename it bootanimation.zip when I already had it in my phone. The incredible boot animation did work perfect as it was though, I will try the one you edited and see if there is any difference bewteen the two and I will see if this new desc.txt you made can help me with the needforspeed animation. This began to be harder than I thought.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you get this working I am tempted to try it. I really like the Need For Speed series.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

djakrse

Reaction score
I'm probably making it sound more difficult than it really is. I was trying to correct the details on this animation, but I'm curious if it played okay, i.e. did it played slowly?

27 seconds is a long boot animation. At 30 FPS it should finish at around 10-15 seconds. I've had some lag with larger scaled animations, but this one should be fine.

If you want to work on the NFS bootani we can.

Well when I zipped the folders I would name it anything then I would rename it bootanimation.zip when I already had it in my phone. The incredible boot animation did work perfect as it was though, I will try the one you edited and see if there is any difference bewteen the two and I will see if this new desc.txt you made can help me with the needforspeed animation. This began to be harder than I thought.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I think we should do nfs, this new incredible one does work a lot better, plays for like 15sec. N yes before it was around 35sec.

jkcm725

Reaction score
I think we should do nfs, this new incredible one does work a lot better, plays for like 15sec. N yes before it was around 35sec.

What boot screen r u trying to use and did u edit the file in there for how many seconds u wanted to run

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
What do u mean what boot screen? I am trying to create a nfs animation but its impossible. I want it to play for like 20sec.

djakrse

Reaction score
My second post in this thread should be enough to get the nfs animation working.

If you want it to play in 20s from there, you'll either have to play it at double speed or cut the animation in half.