Need Droid Help!

bpvzero

Reaction score
I have a modded droid. I shut it off two days ago and now it won't boot. It hangs at the motorola logo and then just keeps restarting. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue? I am praying that my phone is not bricked, but I can't get anywhere. I went into SPrecovery and restored the backup but it didn't fix the problem. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!!!

BPVzero

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Was your phone plugged into a charger? if not it will die then boot loop until it has enough charge. just let it charge overnight and you should be fine. How can you live without a phone for 2 days lol

OP
B

bpvzero

Reaction score
LOL, I am telling you I'm hurting without it

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would die i don't know how you did it lol. anyway someone i know thought they had the same problem then filed a claim with insurance or something. it was on the way and just for fun he went to check the one he thought was bricked (had it on a charger all night and day i guess) and it was fine lol. dead dead dead!!

OP
B

bpvzero

Reaction score
So it will not boot up if the battery is too low even on the charger?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope. not when it's really dead. i forgot to put mine on the charger one night (100%) and it was down to 5% by morning. sucked

However!! i am a little concerned about you doing a restore while it was that dead. how did you manage that?

OP
B

bpvzero

Reaction score
I just went into the menu and restored. It went through all the motions, but after a reboot still just hangs. I am pretty sure I am running 2.0.1

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd just let it be for the rest of the night. i'd also have it on a wall charger not your computer. let us know in the morning :D

OP
B

bpvzero

Reaction score
will do! Thank you so much for all of your help!!! I owe you one!!!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How low is the battery...and yes, let it charge. I also am surprised you did a recovery on low battery successfully. I've seen instructions, including I think #1 in my sig that says to only flash roms when at 100% charge.
Doesn't mean it always goes wrong but it can so why risk it. Plug it in and tomorrow it should be fine.

OP
B

bpvzero

Reaction score
Cool thanks! Is there anyway to keep it from trying to continuously boot and just charge?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i wish i could help ya there but i have no idea. i keep wishing someone that's had this problem would chime in! lol