Need a new touch screen keyboard! Help!

code0824

Reaction score
I am terrible with my touch screen keyboard...my fingers must be to fat. I have an I touch,that I used when I work out, and I can use that keyboard very well. Are there any apps out there to fix my fat finger problems with the droid keyboard? :icon_ banana:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better Keyboard in the Market has tons of skins for their keyboard that make it look and feel a bit different...its a paid app but its worth it for the quality

M

Matth3w

I use Shapewriter, but a lot of people say it's unforgiving. I haven't experienced this problem though.

rjm5151

Reaction score
Is thier a skin on better keyboard that gives the spacing like the iphone. I have the fat fingers myself. Uaed swype for a few days but didnt like tht

M

Matth3w

Better Keyboard I believe does what you're looking for.

rjm5151

Reaction score
Is the screen wider on the iphone....better keyboards iphone skin just seems to be the coloring....though typing on the bettet keyboard setup it seems to be better for me so far a bit quicker

OP
C

code0824

Reaction score
Is the screen wider on the iphone....better keyboards iphone skin just seems to be the coloring....though typing on the bettet keyboard setup it seems to be better for me so far a bit quicker

did you purchase better keyboard...if so did it solve your problem

rjm5151

Reaction score
i purchased it. It was OK...but didnt really give me the spacing between letters i was thinking of and after using it all night it was no easier and seemed to respond slower to me than the stock keyboard....I am going to uninstall now for a refund.

A lot of people have seemed to like it though.

jbeach66

Reaction score
Simple fix

Have you tried turning the phone sideways, it gives a much bigger keyboard that way. Once you turn the phone sideways touch on a text field and the larger keyboard comes up. Pay attention if there are multiple fields to fill out because it will take you from field to field without going back to the original screen first.

RyanRacer48

Reaction score
Honestly .. people w/ big fingers just shouldn't use touch screen phones. I have pretty big hands ( not really thick but big ) and sometimes have a hard time typing fast.
Typing in portrait orientation is almost impossible.

Last edited:

Logan3824

Reaction score