Need a micro usd extension cord

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't understand why I'm having such a difficult time finding a cable with a female micro usb plug on one end and a male micro usb on the other.

The problem is my MotoRokr 505. For some reason known only to Saab, the cigarette lighter in the dash will not recharge a device. However, the cigarette lighter between the seats facing the back seat does. So, in order to connect the MotoRokr to a charging source, I need an extension cable.

I've checked on the internet and even swallowed my pride and gone to Best Buy and Radio Shack. No one has ever heard of such a thing. Am I the only person in the world who needs such a thing or is there some technical reason that such an animal doesn't exist?

Duh...Just noticed the title. Of course, I know I mean "usb" not "usd." Hate it when I do that.

Gandyj

Reaction score
I can't understand why I'm having such a difficult time finding a cable with a female micro usb plug on one end and a male micro usb on the other.

The problem is my MotoRokr 505. For some reason known only to Saab, the cigarette lighter in the dash will not recharge a device. However, the cigarette lighter between the seats facing the back seat does. So, in order to connect the MotoRokr to a charging source, I need an extension cable.

I've checked on the internet and even swallowed my pride and gone to Best Buy and Radio Shack. No one has ever heard of such a thing. Am I the only person in the world who needs such a thing or is there some technical reason that such an animal doesn't exist?

Duh...Just noticed the title. Of course, I know I mean "usb" not "usd." Hate it when I do that.

I ordered these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=360245501231&view=all&tid=184827540023 a few days ago and they arrived today. I have several mini usb chargers for my car and home. Thought it didn't make sense to buy new micro usb chargers for the Droid. I have one of them connected to my laptop right now charging the Droid.

Last edited:

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Go check out monoprice.com, they may or may not have your extension, but you can for sure get a longer replacement cable for a buck or two. I got my wife and I a pair of 10ft usb chords and a cigarette lighter adapter for <$5.

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go check out monoprice.com, they may or may not have your extension, but you can for sure get a longer replacement cable for a buck or two. I got my wife and I a pair of 10ft usb chords and a cigarette lighter adapter for <$5.

Monoprice was one of the first places I checked. No such animal. Again, I'm mystified as to why such it doesn't seem to exist.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Why can't you just get a new longer cable and forget about the extension?