Need a few Droid X's next week

mickmel

Reaction score
I'd like to pick up a couple of Droid X's next week (one for me, one for my wife), but our local stores are all out and the site isn't shipping until 7/27.

I know that they'll be trickling into stores next week, but any idea when? Do I need to call all of my local stores every day, or is there a better way to do it?

Signum

Reaction score
I'd like to pick up a couple of Droid X's next week (one for me, one for my wife), but our local stores are all out and the site isn't shipping until 7/27.

I know that they'll be trickling into stores next week, but any idea when? Do I need to call all of my local stores every day, or is there a better way to do it?

if you're trying to pick them up in store calling everyday is going to be your best bet.

OP
mickmel

mickmel

Reaction score
if you're trying to pick them up in store calling everyday is going to be your best bet.

That's what I was thinking. We're heading out of town next weekend (driving from Georgia to Michigan and back during the week) and I'd REALLY like to be on Verizon by then (AT&T right now). Ordering the phone online likely won't get it here in time, so calling every day sounds like my best bet. Thanks!

mike919

Reaction score

That's what I was thinking. We're heading out of town next weekend (driving from Georgia to Michigan and back during the week) and I'd REALLY like to be on Verizon by then (AT&T right now). Ordering the phone online likely won't get it here in time, so calling every day sounds like my best bet. Thanks!

order online and enter freeovernt in the promo and get it the next day. just order before noon.

it says will ship on or before 7/23, but mine left the same day i ordered.

OP
mickmel

mickmel

Reaction score
order online and enter freeovernt in the promo and get it the next day. just order before noon.

it says will ship on or before 7/23, but mine left the same day i ordered.

I've considered that, but it's a gamble. In the event it doesn't ship until 7/23, it's too late.

dgsof12

Reaction score
if your worried about getting them quickly, online still may be a good idea. i ordered mine on thursday (15th) and it said it would ship by the 23rd, yet i got shipping confirmation friday (16th), but who knows may be i just got lucky...

yellar

Reaction score
I ordered a Droid X yesterday at 2pm central time and haven't got any conformation email yet other than my order is processed. I would love one sooner but I was prepared to wait until the 23rd.

OP
mickmel

mickmel

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna order online and hope for the best. All local stores are sold out, and don't expect more until the 27th. Ordering online seems to give me the best shot.

Lightninrod

Reaction score
Where are you in GA?

I'm in Warner Robins and just this afternoon my wife and I were on our way to a Vietnamese restaurant when I decided to stop at a Wal Mart Supercenter, in Kathleen GA 31047 -- for a couple of items.

I then thought I'd just check out their wireless phone center and sure enough, they had a dummy X on display. I asked Jessica if they had any Xs and to my surprise, she said "Yes, we have two." She said they only got those two and no one had asked about one. She thought no one knew they carried them.

So, if you're anywhere nearby or want to exit off I-75 at Exit #144 and then drive east for about 20 minutes, you probably could buy both of those two.

OP
mickmel

mickmel

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but I've already ordered them online. They promise I'll have them by Friday, so we'll see...