Need a 1x1 widget!

abean

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wish I could take a screenshot to show my home screen (I tried the sdk thing and failed miserably). Anyways ... I have 5 rows on my home (thanks to app launcher pro). I have one spot left and I need a recommendation on a good widget to toss here ... All my other screens are minimal and clean, but my home is obviously that, my home screen. I like my more important stuff here that isn't handled with folder organizer.

From top to bottom:
2x4 - Fancy Widget (time/weather)
1x4 - Switch Pro (system shortcuts, data,3g,gps,sync,bluetooth,light,brightness)
2x4 - FeedR (google RSS feeds)

Bottom row has 3 1x1 widgets - Battery Left and two Folder Organizer labels. I have one spot here and not sure what to put here. I don't want any app shortcuts as those are all handled in one of four folder organizer labels (2 in bottom row and 2 on dock bar of app launcher).

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
beautiful widgets has a lot of 1x1 widgets that are on/off buttons

bluetooth - GPS - brightness - plane mode - silent - vibrate - wifi

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
Yeah I played with beautiful widgets, wasn't a big fan. Fancy Widget gets me the weather/time I want and all those individual buttons of beautiful are handled much better by SwitchPro.

Thanks for the idea though!

JP 5.56

Reaction score
The MyVerizon Data usage widget is 1x1. I've been using it recently to see how much data I use because I'm curious about that sort of thing.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
speed dial shortcuts is another option - or any of the shortcuts :)

DreamOperator

Reaction score
Have a flashlight widget? How about TeslaLED? WiFi teather? Perhaps a More Icons widget with calc, camera, gallery, audio manager? May not be what you're looking for, just throwing out some ideas that work for me.

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
Have a flashlight widget? How about TeslaLED? WiFi teather? Perhaps a More Icons widget with calc, camera, gallery, audio manager? May not be what you're looking for, just throwing out some ideas that work for me.

Yeah most of those are all in siwtch pro and the others I have labeled up. Not sure what I'm looking for, I'm sitting here at work, looking all over androidlib trying to find something unique/cool ... Adding "battery left" was a good one!

Reaction score
Sign is a 1x1 widget which is a gesture-based speed dial application. You click on it, and you essentially draw the gesture right on the screen to call or text people.

lalea1860

Reaction score
widgets

I need a simple calendar that alarms. I have 3 calendars on my lg, gonna remove 2 when i find a way to do it. 2 require data which I do not have with pp. The google calendar works, lets me put in events, but no alarm. Missed an appt yesterday cos I depend on it.
I am having difficulty big time. No data, so no downloads directly from phone. I have univ androot, astro and titanium on my sd card but can not access my SD card on my ally. Old phone I merely switched memory to the card, no option on the ally for this. I tried PC to phone and installed LG mobile to my pc, doesnt recognize the F drive, does with my memory stick, not the ally?
I want to remove stock apps cos my battery life sux! I want to download a good calendar widget, just a simple calendar.
Can someone tell me how to access the SD card on the ally? Or how to get the F path to be recognized so I do puter to phone downloads?

Perhaps I need to find a place with wifi and go to work on this issue

Can someone help this distressed nurse (<%