Navigation

silverx10

Reaction score
So I've essentially come to embrace the Navigation software on the DROID to be superior to my Garmin in many ways (first and foremost among those that I don't have to pay $70.00 for a map update pack), but there are points that I miss from the Garmin:

1) Being able to set the device into car follow mode. I haven't found an equivalent on the DROID, with the exception of "my location", which just pings you once on the map, and leaves it centered on that location as your dot moves.
2) Night mode. I took this one for granted until about ten minutes ago.
3) Time at arrival. Yeah, I know it just takes some simple addition to find out what time it'll be when you get there, but then again... it's just simple addition. Why can't the app do that?
4) Speed readout. Yeah, my car's got a speedometer, but... I'm a digital guy. And my RX-8, sadly, is no longer with me. :\

imprttuner88

Reaction score
2) Night mode. I took this one for granted until about ten minutes ago.
3) Time at arrival. Yeah, I know it just takes some simple addition to find out what time it'll be when you get there, but then again... it's just simple addition. Why can't the app do that?
4) Speed readout. Yeah, my car's got a speedometer, but... I'm a digital guy. And my RX-8, sadly, is no longer with me. :\

Amen............. The night mode has to be able to be fixed. The phone can sense dark and light up the keyboard so I am sure that can be fixed. At least I sure hope it can be.