Nandroid Backup

killa_beatz

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! Your help now has me running the Dark Slide Rom! Hey.. question.. I just checked and my phone is trying to send me an OTA updade from system version 2.3.15 to 2.3.340... should i install it?

maderschramm

Reaction score
DON'T DOWNLOAD OTA'S IF YOU'RE ROM'D UNLESS YOU WANT A BRICK
[/capslock]
sorry, it's important that you know this.

unless of course the rom dev supports it which I think <1% do :p

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
how about if your themed? Running 928 bgx now.

killa_beatz

Reaction score
So would you recommend I reload my backup that I made prior to loading the Rom and then load up the new version of Dark Slide V4?? Is it worth it?

maderschramm

Reaction score
that is what I recommend; however, you may be able to install darkslide over your current version of darkslide. I'm not sure, ask the dev. Whether or not it's worth it or not is something you need to decide

Dynamikz

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm extremely new to the android phone market, the thunderbolt is my first phone.. I've been lurking on this site for a little while just gaining as much info as I could, but I do have a bit of a noob question.. I was going to root my phone in the near future and I know that making a backup beforehand is a very wise decision.. I have not dl'ed TiBu or any similar app from market yet, but I was wondering how to actually go about making a "nandroid backup".. Did a search and only found posts suggesting users to make a nandroid backup as opposed to how-to make one.. any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you

mkjellgren

Reaction score
You will not be able to make a nandroid backup or use tibu before you are rooted. Unfortunately rooting involves wiping everything. You will lose all of your apps and app data. When you log in to your Google account once rooted your paid apps (and most of your free ones if you're lucky) will automatically restore but your data will have been wiped (i.e. text message records, bookmarks, angry birds levels, etc.). Once you are rooted you can then install clockwork recovery through Rom Manager and make a nandroid backup of your current setup in case you run into problems as well as backup all of your apps and data with tibu for easy restoration after flashing new roms. Best of luck!! Just do your homework and you'll be golden.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Well thank you for clearing that up for me

No prob. That's what we're all here for. I wouldn't be in a position to help you if someone hadn't helped me at one point in time. Learn as much as you can and pass your knowledge on. That's what the Android community is all about.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jimmiem

Reaction score
There is an app called MyBackup Pro which will backup your apps and system data without having to root your phone first. Titanium Backup is new to me and I know it's hugely popular. So far I can see why because it does have a lot of cool settings. But if you need a backup before rooting, MyBackup Pro will do the job!

Dynamikz

Reaction score
Thank you jimmiem for that helpful piece of info.. I'll keep it in mind