Naked glass is overrated!

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Soon after getting my Droid I threw on the Verizon screen protector. Saw folks complain about it but I thought it was fine. After reading how much folks loved the glass I took mine off last night.

I had faaaar fewer smudges, prints etc with the VZ protector on. It seems like I clean my glass 3x as often as I did before. Furthermore, these smudges seem to be a bit more stubborn than the ones with out the VZ protector.

It was my last of the three pack so now I have to pony up some dough for another. :mad:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have a 3pak I'll send ya....I think they are crap

pilot25

Reaction score
waste of money.... The screen is made of "Gorilla Glass". Just don't put anything else in your pocket with your phone and it won't scratch.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
waste of money.... The screen is made of "Gorilla Glass". Just don't put anything else in your pocket with your phone and it won't scratch.

The only advantage is keeping the grease of my glass thats it

INFERNO

Reaction score
Well if u try washing your hands once in a while...... jk

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
i have an invis-shields on mine. My phone works just fine with it on. Cant tell a difference at all.

And as for the group of "it wont scratch, you dont need a screen protector" crowd, they said the same thing about iPods Touch and iPhone. I have scratches on both. Not going to ruin another phone/device.

To each his own...

cuskit

Reaction score
I'm a tradesman, and the use of a screen protector is a must. I'm working with paints, lacquers, glues, etc all day long. Sure they'll come off the glass, but peace of mind with a removable screen is priceless. Ask any Nascar racer about their removable screens on their windshields. Or a motocrosser with his goggles...

Oops! Guess you might now know why I have a motorcycle as an avatar.. ;)

+1 for wearing protection! - cuskit

paulmac

Reaction score
I picked up one of the "privacy" screen protectors on release day. Verizon said it was recommended. Yet later that day they stopped recommending them as people complained about screen sensitivity. I myself have not had any issue with it. I does darken the screen a tad, but does not show fingerprints at all. Verizon no longer offers the privacy screen protector any longer, which is too bad.

cuskit

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not familiar with those. I had gotten the 3-pak of clear protectors, and have had absolutely no issues with sensitivity. I'm assuming those you speak of are tinted, or smoke colored? And I would assume maybe thicker?

Are they pulled from the shelves? I don't see anything on their website.

cuskit

gentlefury

Reaction score
they advertise it as keep it scratch proof...but the glass is DAMN hard to scratch..a film of plastic isnt going to do anything...it's already scratch proof!

tbever

Reaction score
they advertise it as keep it scratch proof...but the glass is DAMN hard to scratch..a film of plastic isnt going to do anything...it's already scratch proof!

But when you have crap on your hands like butter or cream cheese it is easier to wipe off.

Duganz

Reaction score
I am also using the Verizon screen protectors. Granted I just got my phone yesterday, and I trashed one of the screen protectors because I just couldn't get the stubborn air bubbles out. On my 2nd try I had minimal bubbles, the bubbles that I did have were very small and even with the bubbles you cannot see them when the screen is active.

However I don't like the fact I had to trim the side of the protector for it to not have it be lifted on the long sides. Thankfully I have a steady hand. :icon_ devil: