N Wifi during calls?!

M@|ice

Reaction score
Hey people, hoping someone can clear something up for me. I’m on Verizon with the droid incredible. As all of us with Verizon know we cannot use data and be on a call at the same time. Hence the lovely wifi feature right? Well for whatever reason I can turn on the wifi and roam the internet fine, but when I initiate a call, the wifi disappears a minute or two after the call connects, and I again cannot use internet functions while on a call. Now the wifi is still on, my network shows up, but says it is remembered, but not connected. And won’t connect until I end the call. Is this normal? Is there a setting I can change to use the wifi while on a call or an app that prevents this? Thanks!

OP
M

M@|ice

Reaction score
................................bump?

Tree Toad

Reaction score
Sorry I cant answer you question but maybe you can answer mine. I was able to turn wi-fi on but how then do you connect to the internet?

Lylith

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I cannot use the internet with Wi-Fi on if I'm on a call. If my Wi-Fi is connected, it will disconnect if I make or receive a call and not come back until the call is ended. This is extremely aggravating.

EvilAsh

Reaction score
Not sure why you guys are having that problem I surf the internet via WiFi during calls all the time without issues.

Sutasei

Reaction score
I am able to use Wifi while browsing the net. (Haven't tried to make a call yet.)

But I did have a simmilar issues with Wifi.
(I've seen this issue around.)

Seems when I try to upload a video to youtube, It gets to 4-7% then says "Waiting to Retry 1 minute". Then in one minute it'll do 10% or so, then shut off again.

I made sure to turn off the auto screen dim/shut off option. (Forget what it's called)

I have full wifi bars also. No issue there.

Maybe it's a bug on Verizons end? Anyone have an idea?

Edit: Wanted to mention that when I long press and retry, it works again for another 10-20%, then shuts off with the "Waiting to retry 1 minute" thing again. e.e;

fishstick600

Reaction score
Does this happen with any wi fi or just your home wi fi?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sutasei

Reaction score
My issue happens on my home Wifi. Haven't tried any other place.
The box is right next to me when I upload. :(

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Stop ignoring the person you're talking to and give them your complete undivided attention. Problem solved! :D