Mystery app. Need help figuring out

funkdore

Reaction score
Ok first post from a newb. I hope the photo I took is actually attached. I loaded Home ++. Prior to that, while still using the original home screen, I downloaded an app designed to give you control over whether or not certain programs are connected. It's meant to preserve battery life. It's a black horizontal bar running across the screen. 5 buttons. The first controls wireless connection, the second is bluetooth, the third is (I think) GPS, fourth synching, and last is screen brightness. Problem is that now if I have the GPS turned off in this program, when I'm in in the original home screen, I have no connection in Home ++. I can't remember the name of this program and as I look through the downloaded apps (in either original or home ++), can account for every app but this one. Can anyone offer any solution? What is this program?
Have not decided yet if I want to run Home++, still evaluating.
Also, as long as I'm asking stuff, I have Advanced Task Killer loaded and I keep getting a message that I should download it again. It doesn't say its an update, it looks like the original program. If I do try to download it, it just processes without ever downloading.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Mojoman

Reaction score
That's the stock power control widget that comes with the phone. Long press anywhere on a screen, pick widgets and then power control.

OP
F

funkdore

Reaction score
Wow. Thank you Mojoman. Fixed it. Let me ask a few more and see if you (or anyone else) can help. In home++ it's loaded a clock face about the size of a dime with roman numerals. Seems odd for an ultra-modern device. It's the alarm clock icon. Takes up a lot of space. I assume if I trash it and add another of the widgets, then the new one becomes the icon for the alarm clock?
While talking about that, I do need the droid to function as a nightime bedside clock. I know how to silence it so I don't het awakened by calls or messages, but what is the best app for this purpose?
i