My SD card asking to format it!! NO

m@tt

Reaction score
Hope someone can help here. My phone locked up I took out the battery and power it back on. Now saying the sd card damaged please format. I hope there is away around this. I have never pulled my sd card out why in the world out of the blue be damaged?:icon_evil:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might want to take the SD card out of your phone and back up everything on it to your computer. Then you can reformat it and put the data back on. That's what I ended up having to do a couple of months ago.

OP
m@tt

m@tt

Reaction score
Nope I try to connect it thru usb cable and with a memory adpartor. No luck! Question if I format the sd card will lose all my apps that have been copy there. I don't keep much data on my phone expect for pictures.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
how old is ur computer? before 2008 computers u cant connect a memory card over 4 gigs unless u have a special reader..i found this out 2 days ago...but if u have a newer computer and it doesnt read ur sd card, go to verizon and get them to give u another one..thats what i did...but if somehow u can get it to come up on ur computer, then format it after u take everything off and store it on ur computer

OP
m@tt

m@tt

Reaction score
Thanks, I have new pc, but from what I can tell sd card is dead. I have no problem going to Verizon dealing with their techs :icon_eek:. Did I lose all the apps had copied to my sd card? I know it's all track back by email address.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i dont see y u shouldnt have ur apps still as long as they werent saved on ur sd card....ur pics r gone though and whatever else on there

OP
m@tt

m@tt

Reaction score
I had an app call app2sd card. Have couple apps saved there due to space.

droidman101

Reaction score
I had an app call app2sd card. Have couple apps saved there due to space.

It might just be that app that made it that way...anyways, did you try an sdcard reader for your computer? Your computer'd need to have a slot for it but it might be an alternative than vzW

OP
m@tt

m@tt

Reaction score
Yes, won't read the sd card. Maybe Verizon will give me the droid2 hmm. I hate going to talk with their support.

OP
m@tt

m@tt

Reaction score
I was able to pull up the market and write down all my download apps. At less know which ones I had install.