My phone's FLIPPING OUT currently. Help PLEASE?

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Hey guys, right now I'm trying to keep my cool, so if I get angry please don't flip out? Anyways...

A few minutes ago, I went to check my phone for new texts. I was typing a response to one, and all of a sudden random apps started opening. I did a battery pull, and as soon as I turned it on, the notification tray pulled down, pulled up, gmail pulled up, opened a link to youtube, and I hit the lock button again. Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

littlerick

Reaction score
is your phone on the charger? if so is it the same one that came with it or a cheap ebay charger?

OP
A

Anonymouse

Reaction score
It's unplugged from the charger, it's been for the past 8 hours. Thanks for the swift response though!

laurieb

Reaction score
I just posted this too tonight. mine started doing the same thing.

Anybody help us on this?

Or do we need to take back the phone? I just got mine this last friday!!

Laurieb

Mekanic

Reaction score
mine just did this about an hour or so ago....

i have the security feature turned on, the one where you draw the shape to unlock, and half way through it started flipping out.. finally got past that and the drop down would come down by iteself....
it would randomly start applications, goto the market and try to install different things, after scrolling at lightning speeds...

thought it was a touch issue, or something that way messing with the touch screen.... i pulled battery.... pulled sd card.... wiped it off and such, and even pulled off the plastic protector under the screen slide thinking it was the loose plastic hitting keys on the keyboard...

here is how i finally got it to stop.... for now

if at any point you cant use the touch, or it starts flipping out, just give the power button a tap twice to turn it off then on.. and continue

hit your menu key... second button on the bottom (looks like lines)
goto settings... then applications .... then manage applications
start hitting applications and uninstalling them, the ones you have downloaded from the market
after starting this, (i had maybe 30 or 40 apps here...) it started to slow down, and eventually stopped after uninstalling weatherbug

i dont know if it was weatherbug, or not, but i uninstalled everything but 3 things....

com.android.gallery
com.android.inputmethod.latin
maps

now its not geeking anymore
im going to start installing again to see if i can catch the bad software

Mekanic

Reaction score
btw my phone already updated to 2.1 last wed, so i couldnt imagine that it too more than a week to start buggin out