My phone keeps rebooting, and vibrates continuously.

vdbui

Reaction score
Everything seemed going well.
Been using the phone for a while with no complaint.
I did something that i usually do.

Here is what i did :

Pulled out the battery and SIM Card

Put another SIM Card in

Powered the phone up.

Then : this problem appeared : the Android logo appears, after few seconds the phone starts vibrating then reboot...this occurs again and again....

If i leave the phone vibrates, the phone will turn on after few times (5-7)of rebooting ...but it's really hard to change the phone setting coz : each time i touch, there will be a "Force close" message appears -> can't do a thing..

I have no idea what is going on :mad:!

Here is what i tried:

Tried hard-reset : Power button + Cam shutter -> Volume up + Cam shutter - > the thing is still there...
Tried to use RSDLite to do the " flash " thing to restore the core system (correct me, if i'm wrong). Downloaded the "SBF" package for UK milestone.

Hope someone there gets what i'm trying to say... my English is bad :mad:
Anybody has any idea about this...gosh...i'm dying ...I'm not a teckie.

shatteredzman

Reaction score
I havnt seen this problem before but you are probably on the right path to fix the phone. Keep trying to do a full restore on the phone, if that does not work contact motorola.

Techneut

Reaction score
Maybe a silly question... Did you put the original SIM card back into your phone, to try it out?
Perhaps, the second SIM card is broken.

OP
V

vdbui

Reaction score
Somehow, i fixed it.
I reflahed the phone.
My SDCard, i formatted it( coz, my Antivirus detected some kind of threat from this card)
Use external charger to fully recharge the battery

Give another try
-> Everythig seems Okay right now.../o/
Now, updated to 2.0.1...
Will have a try with : rooting..

Topic closed :), thanks.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Somehow, i fixed it.
I reflahed the phone.
My SDCard, i formatted it( coz, my Antivirus detected some kind of threat from this card)
Use external charger to fully recharge the battery

Give another try
-> Everythig seems Okay right now.../o/
Now, updated to 2.0.1...
Will have a try with : rooting..

Topic closed :), thanks.

:blink:... and do you run ATK and continually worry about closing all your unused apps???
The AV was likely the cause of your trouble... don't reinstall it... do a search on the subject should you want to know why...

OP
V

vdbui

Reaction score
ATK = ?
For those unused apps, these dont seem the cause with the issue i stated.
There was no app in the phone, coz i reflashed the phone, then the AV detected some viruses from my SDcard.(the AV here is from my computer, not in the phone)

Somehow, it got back to normal state. I call this : luck.
I posted this in other forum too, for knowing WHY.
My case seems a rare case.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
ATK = ?
For those unused apps, these dont seem the cause with the issue i stated.
There was no app in the phone, coz i reflashed the phone, then the AV detected some viruses from my SDcard.(the AV here is from my computer, not in the phone)

Somehow, it got back to normal state. I call this : luck.
I posted this in other forum too, for knowing WHY.
My case seems a rare case.

The AV from your computer?? Now that is interesting. Sorry for the misunderstanding (there have been a few posters that have had problem with the AV program on their phones... which they don't need anyway).

What OS are you running (and for that matter what AV)? Were you plugging the card 'into' the computer directly (i.e. not mounting it through the Droid?)?

Hope you're using SPRecovery, if not get it ASAP. I always do a backup right before I flash a new ROM and then right after I get the new ROM where I want (i.e. custom themes and app settings). Better safe than sorry (or lucky in this case:icon_ banana:).

cwiekol

Reaction score
help me, help me please..

i have similar problem, the phone is instantly booting and vibrating.. here is what cause the problem:
i have installed GOT firmware 2.36.0 from G.O.T. SHOLS_U2_36.0 released for UK and Central Europe G.O.T.'s Blog
with their open recovery. i've installed all hacks with busybox and it works for me for few weeks.
Today i wanted to install app2sd hack. I got to GOT menu, i've split SDCard and install app2SD. After i rebooted my phone it starts to vibrate when "android" screen appears. of course before that i did nadroid backup, but restoring it never helped.

So i flashed my phone with GOT firmware again, didn't help..

Then i download original sbf 2.36.0 file for central europe with original bootloader 90.74 flashed it to my milestone by rds lite, erase all user data and reboot. phone is still vibrating, sometimes android welcome screen appears (with vibrating all the time) and then reboot again..
I tried reboot without sd card, without sim card, i formated sd card back to only fat32, but still this same..

what shall i do now????

cwiekol

Reaction score
news:
i've downloaded 2.01.14 UK original software, wipe all data twice, with dalvik cache, reflashed phone with this 2.01.14 and... it works. so i moved to second stage, and reflash phone with GOT and it starts to vibrate again so i repeat everything what i've done before and reflashed with 2.01.14 and.. it is still vibrating..
have no idea what to do with this

klx1204

Reaction score
I met the same problem as well. My cellphone is Milestone UK retail w/ original 2.1 ROM. My phone stuck on ANDROID symbol while booting. I did anything I can but it kept the same situation. Today I sent it to a Motorola service station. After testing, an engineer told me the power module and the CPU was broken. It would cost 96 euros.
Wish my experience may help u guys.