My phone almost died over the weekend.

chimera

Reaction score
And I nearly killed it. I tried to take pictures at a wedding with my phone, and TWICE during important parts of the ceremony, my phone decided to just turn off and back on....making it impossible to take pictures during that time, while it reset itself. That was one of the most irritating experiences with this phone so far. Inside pictures were also horrible, it was rather dark, but the pictures turned out far worse than than I had imagined.

So this brings me to a question....is there any fix for this phone randomly turning on and off? that isnt the first time it has happened. I remember an issue some time ago with this happening for some people, but I didnt really pay attention, the articles about that made it sound more frequent than what was happening to me, and at the time it was only a minor inconvinience. But now I would like to get it to stop doing that, it is becoming more irritating. I had wondered if maybe that 2.2 update would help, but it did not.

Can anyone help, or am I stuck with this problem?

Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have a task killer? If so, remove it. I'm not as familiar with the Incredible as I am with the Droid but if your rooted try setting the speed lower.

Mike

Humpa

Reaction score
And I nearly killed it. I tried to take pictures at a wedding with my phone, and TWICE during important parts of the ceremony, my phone decided to just turn off and back on....making it impossible to take pictures during that time, while it reset itself. That was one of the most irritating experiences with this phone so far. Inside pictures were also horrible, it was rather dark, but the pictures turned out far worse than than I had imagined.

So this brings me to a question....is there any fix for this phone randomly turning on and off? that isnt the first time it has happened. I remember an issue some time ago with this happening for some people, but I didnt really pay attention, the articles about that made it sound more frequent than what was happening to me, and at the time it was only a minor inconvinience. But now I would like to get it to stop doing that, it is becoming more irritating. I had wondered if maybe that 2.2 update would help, but it did not.

Can anyone help, or am I stuck with this problem?

Thanks!
I don't recall my Inc ever rebooting on its own. Why not just exchange it? It has a 1 yr warranty, just like any VZW device.

OP
C

chimera

Reaction score
hmmm...I might do that then, I had actually completely forgotten about that option. If I exchange it, will I get a new phone or a refurbished one?

Humpa

Reaction score
hmmm...I might do that then, I had actually completely forgotten about that option. If I exchange it, will I get a new phone or a refurbished one?
You'll get one that isn't broken. ;)

egobuster1

Reaction score
youll get a refurbished one which blows. i would go in and try your very hardest to get a brand new because i think its crap that you go and spend 300 dollars on a smart phone plus another 100+ a month for the service and when there equpiment that you bought fails they wont replace it properly

Humpa

Reaction score
youll get a refurbished one which blows. i would go in and try your very hardest to get a brand new because i think its crap that you go and spend 300 dollars on a smart phone plus another 100+ a month for the service and when there equpiment that you bought fails they wont replace it properly
We'd all want a new as opposed to refurb. But I stopped caring about insignificant things like that many years ago.

If you get a good refurb, then go on your way - you are all set.
Sometimes a refurb will be better build quality than your original because the tech building refurbs is more advanced than the people putting together new units. Plus they replace any parts that show use (like the display or whatever).

That being said, there are also douche-bags on the refurb line - but if you get one of those, just get it exchanged. You can't have bad luck forever! ;)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would do the warranty thing in a heart beat if it was me. But if you don't want to play Refurb Roulette, you might want to try one of the alternate camera apps. I've had good luck with Pro Zoom.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
My phone did this too. First time it reset a couple of times. Called VZW and they said to run ATK. Did that for a while then all of a sudden it went into a constant boot loop where it would shut down and restart over and over and over!! Hard reset and still same. Took it home and after 12 hours tried it again. worked fine until service got kinda bad and reboot.

I had a new one sent out and all is well with this on except that my battery life is horrible

Chris

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
UPDATE: the one thing I never checked on my re-certified phone was... the actual phone features LOL

As it turns out I had to manually set my phone number and codes in. got the voice and txt working but no internet. so 2 hours later still talking with tech support they are sending me out another phone! he said he was going to try and send a new one but we will see,

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I thought verizon only had a 60 day warranty?

egobuster1

Reaction score
the refurb phones verizon offers are ****. don't take them unless you absolutely have to.
i went through 8 refurb phones in a 1 month period of time because everyone of them had ether a button that didn't work or the phone just wouldn't turn on