My only major gripe about this ROM

Canefan

Reaction score
First of all, I don't want to come off as complaining for something that is the result of a lot of hard work and that I am getting for free (I have contributed BTW), but I wish that I had the ability to sort and display contacts by last name instead of first name like I have with other ROMs. I can't always remember the first name of the person that I am trying to reach and I like having contacts from people that are related grouped together in my contacts list. Does anyone have a solution that might address this issue? I've searched the market for other contacts apps that allow you to sort differently but have not found anything suitable.

Reaction score
First of all, I don't want to come off as complaining for something that is the result of a lot of hard work and that I am getting for free (I have contributed BTW), but I wish that I had the ability to sort and display contacts by last name instead of first name like I have with other ROMs. I can't always remember the first name of the person that I am trying to reach and I like having contacts from people that are related grouped together in my contacts list. Does anyone have a solution that might address this issue? I've searched the market for other contacts apps that allow you to sort differently but have not found anything suitable.

Check out Better Contacts, if you haven’t already. It’s in the Market.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
If you start typing the last name in the search box on the contacts screen, it will bring up the person you are looking for. I know it's not the same as sorting by last name, but it does work. You can also use Gesture Search, not only for names, but for apps as well.

deadhd5

Reaction score
Maybe this is because the Chinese surname (last name) comes first, followed by their given name (first name).