my next android phone.... and a beautiful solution to iPhone's obsoleteness

tktouch12

Reaction score
just imagine if as android gets more users and more power if the iphone were to seriously start to lose its grip. what if users finally said, we want opensource-ness. well what it apple made a droid. the iDroid. it would have an amazing screen and it would be synchronized to the software to work better than any other android phone screen. the phone itself would be a "princess phone", it would look nice, beautiful and simple, like a regular candybar style iphone. and most importantly, it will have its own ui like sense. but it will be ios ui. the lockscreen, the launcher, and all the apps will be the apps from ios, but they will be built to work on the iDroid, which is an android phone. so we will get great apple apps (itunes support) but on an android phone,, so we could even replace the launcher, or any other app with one we like better from the market. it would also gets its updates more on time. it would be the greatest phone ever....

i know you all agree.. and of course the insides would be the most groundbreaking powerful specs ever, with amazing battery life

*** i just want to point out i am aware there is no way under any circumstances this could ever happen.. EVER, but it would be sweet

iPirate

Reaction score
you want apple hardware running android? do you want to have problems when holding your phone? :p

Reaction score
lol... I wonder how many Hardcore droid fans will post negative comments on this post but when the iphone comes out for verizon will go run to be first in-line to get it...?

Im not gonna lie, Id totally buy one. The poster above who said they never would own anything apple... Why such a stern negative image about them? I havent owned an apple product since 1999 but I can acknowledge how good an I-phone is. Yet I still have a moto droid because of the open source, physical keyboard and of course the outstanding coverage in comparison. And do you really mean to say you never owned an ipod?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've often debated this with friends and think (while it won't happen) it could be a real interesting consortium.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
lol... I wonder how many Hardcore droid fans will post negative comments on this post but when the iphone comes out for verizon will go run to be first in-line to get it...?

Im not gonna lie, Id totally buy one. The poster above who said they never would own anything apple... Why such a stern negative image about them? I havent owned an apple product since 1999 but I can acknowledge how good an I-phone is. Yet I still have a moto droid because of the open source, physical keyboard and of course the outstanding coverage in comparison. And do you really mean to say you never owned an ipod?

I won't lie either, I made it a choice not to buy anything Apple long before Android came about.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:rating00:

idroid? :soapbox:eek:k that's just blasphemy!!!!!:icon_ ban::ban:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i love my Mac and will buy a Mac over a PC anytime. I'll never have an iPhone however. The day I do that will be the day I stop coming into this forum.

And I don't want an iPhone that looks like and Android platform. Keep it separate.

ewells2420

Reaction score
No thanks, if I want something like an iphone, I will just get the iphone.

R

RETG

I eat apples, I don't stick them up to my ear or hold them on my lap and play with them.

ChugIt

Reaction score
I won't lie either, I made it a choice not to buy anything Apple long before Android came about.

I will be 36 next month and I have never owned or bought any apple (don't deserve to be capitalized) product. I never will own or buy anything from apple either. There are some of us that are not interested in their products. I do not want anything apple makes in my home.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i know you all agree..
You definitely are imagining things...

Meanwhile, in the real world, I don't agree. The devices you talk about have their niches. I don't get the fanboy fantasy of the "one-size-fits-all" device, personally.

And unlike most of the other posters in this thread, I like and appreciate Apple's products. Their iPhone isn't for me but I don't need to downplay their offerings to make me feel better about my purchase decisions.

Last edited: