Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
/==================\
|= UPDATED 6/13/2010 =|
\==================/

Here is my newest battery icons! dancedroid

BATTERY_PARTS_THUMBS.png

ShowingMybatteryinplace.jpg

Could someone help me get these on my phone in a SIMPLE way? I dont like MetaMorph, and I would prefer to use an update.zip from another theme as a way to install, but ONLY want to install the battery icons. Any suggestions?

This is for Bugless Beast v0.1 on Froyo.

Let me know what you guys think of my new icons!

I have now uploaded a zip file with all the images for the battery icons, and the thumbnail image for all 14 of them as well. This way, you can install them in whatever way you choose.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First they look great, I know this might be the hard way but I always just pull the framework-res.apk and replace the icons myself and then push the framework-res.apk back into the system

I don't know how to make an update.zip even though I am sure it is easy, I just do it the old fashioned way (the only way I know how)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Could you give me the ADB commands to do that? I am too busy to remember how right now.

If enough people like this, I want to make an update.zip file for easy installation for people.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you need all of this info but just in case you do here it is. Pull out the framework-res.apk with Root Explorer and get it on your SD card then to your PC rename it .zip open the res/drawable-hdpi folder and there are your icons, at the very bottom, as long as your new icons are named exactly as your old icons without the .png they should overwrite perfect.

Get the .zip back on your SD thru Root Explorer change the .zip to .apk and then in Terminal Emulator or Better Terminal type

su
sysrw
cd /sdcard
cp -R framework-res.apk /system/framework
sysro
sync
reboot

make sure the spaces are there before the slashes or you will get errors

I also themed my own battery icons along with some other icons in the framework-res and got them back in the system this way, like I said I am sure there is an easier way but after doing it so many times this way is a cinch

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Thanks. I will post a couple screenshots in the OP once I get it up and running.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol when does 0% come into play? Lookin good though :D

Believe it or not there is a stock 0% icon in the Android framework, it is a red outline of a battery with a red line going thru it. It flashes for about ten seconds right before your phone shuts down from lack of power

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

thewoody

Reaction score
I don't know if you need all of this info but just in case you do here it is. Pull out the framework-res.apk with Root Explorer and get it on your SD card then to your PC rename it .zip open the res/drawable-hdpi folder and there are your icons, at the very bottom, as long as your new icons are named exactly as your old icons without the .png they should overwrite perfect.

Get the .zip back on your SD thru Root Explorer change the .zip to .apk and then in Terminal Emulator or Better Terminal type

su
sysrw
cd /sdcard
cp -R framework-res.apk /system/framework
sysro
sync
reboot

make sure the spaces are there before the slashes or you will get errors

I also themed my own battery icons along with some other icons in the framework-res and got them back in the system this way, like I said I am sure there is an easier way but after doing it so many times this way is a cinch

Thanks! This is great to know. I've tried making my own themes but end up with signing problems (I'll figure out the right way soon, just haven't had time). This is quick and easy and works well!

thewoody

Reaction score
Ok, so instead of copying the framework apk file with terminal and using the "sync" command, I just used root explorer, made it R/W, and did it that way. Everything worked but I no longer had a synced facebook or gmail. Is this something that always happens with a framework_res.apk replacement or do I have to use the terminal and type "sync"?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
^This^ always happens with framework-res replacement, even with the sync command

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
The icons have been uploaded finally. I broke 300 views, so I figure people were interested in it at least a LITTLE bit. lol I am going to see if I can post a poll on here to see how people like it.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice icons might install it later.. looks good

Screwball

Reaction score
Yo Chevy... will your battery update be able to change the stock 2.1 version on a Droid Eris? I'm not rooted. Looks cool man!