My left channel clipping problem solved

BillPop

Reaction score
Recently decided I would quit carrying my iPod and Droid, so started moving all my music over to the Droid. All my stuff is encoded mp3 @ 320 w/ a sample rate of 48kHz. As I listened to the transferred music I noticed a lot of clipping/distortion in the left channel. I tried 3 different set of phones including a pair of Grados. I read the forum here and saw all the posts about the loose hp jack. Mine is loose, too, but no distortion came from moving it around. I called VZW tech support and found a helpful rep. He had me d/l last.FM which played without any clipping or distortion. I then thought that it might be the sample rate and re-encoded some of my music at 44.1kHz. That did the trick. No more clipping. I've looked all over the interwebs to find what the droid is capable of sampling, but haven't found any info. I don't know if it's a hardware or software prob. I'll try 2.2 at 48kHz when it comes out. Until then, I have a lot of work re-encoding hundreds of songs....I may keep carrying my iPod for a while longer.