My first week with the ultra

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Got a uag case works pretty good had to get use to the lips at top and bottom when you swipe the notification or press home button

Had the phone drop one time without the case from three feet to kitchen floor no scratches

It is a snapdragon chip in my phone and yet still has pipups of apps using too much battery in the background and the cpu needing to restart the phone because of it. Lress cancel a d phone keeps on working. Too many battery app in optimized warning no matter how often I say fix issue and let it optimize. I had to turn off annoying notification on this as it was nagging and annoying

Phone is very heavy and large I prefer a lighter phone. I only got this phone for the large battery and gorilla 7 glass and that it was supposed to ha e a good fingerprint reader and the fact that the moto edge had green screen issues made .e switch brands but now I hear some Samsung may have screen screen issues. I am.less than q00% happy with new phone

Hopefully Samsung can do some software updates to fix these issues and extend the battery life and the ocarina overheating and the hotness I have read about when taking pictures . I have not had the picture hotness issue but its worrisome.

The biggest anoyonances are the weight of the phone and it having trouble charging wireless through the case anyone know a wireless charging made to work through a case . Mines a Samsung wireless charger and its having issues

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is what I say to friends family members, and co-workers in the same predicament:

* If your brand new phone needs a "software fix" already, you are probably in for a bumpy ride. If you don't like the phone in the first few days, as-is right from the factory, what makes you think the manufacturer will provide a software fix that will make you like the phone any better?

* If you are still within the 14 day return window and are that unhappy already, waiting on magic software fixes, return it. Pay the restocking fee and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

I am not saying that's what you should do. I'm just saying what I have told friends & family in similar situations.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's good advice @@Sajo you have to see how each phone is for that individual...

I can only speak for me my Note 10+ is solid and one of the best phones I've used ...

I can't speak for the 20 Ultra ... I would suggest a clean install to see if we of those weird issues you are seeing still pop up...

I just feel you have too many of them and besides the break in period to get used to a new brand and all contributes ..

SeanD_CO

Reaction score
The suggestion to try a fresh install to see if it resolves some of the software issues is a good one, at the very least I would try clearing the cache and seeing if that helps.

I have had no trouble with wireless charging with my Note 20 on various branded wireless chargers that include a couple of Samsung ones, an iHome alarm clock and a Belkin.

What I don't have is a UAG case test with, but I wonder if the issue could be with the case? Or does it still not work well even without a case on?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am not having any issues with my Note 20 Ultra 512GB. At first the battery drained in 5 hours. You must find the apps that is draining your battery on my phone it was Beautiful widgets. After I removed it my battery started improving. Once it learned my habits it went to 8 and now 10 1/2 to 11 hours. I had all the notes except 5, 8, and 10. Went through battery learning my habits on 7, and 9. After using the phone for a week my only complaint is that whitestone dome protective glass did not work with my Beetle Pro Case.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The suggestion to try a fresh install to see if it resolves some of the software issues is a good one, at the very least I would try clearing the cache and seeing if that helps.

I have had no trouble with wireless charging with my Note 20 on various branded wireless chargers that include a couple of Samsung ones, an iHome alarm clock and a Belkin.

What I don't have is a UAG case test with, but I wonder if the issue could be with the case? Or does it still not work well even without a case on?

Works great on wireless charger without case so the case blocks it somewhat . Need a stronger wireless field.
Regarding clean installs or returning interest but ill pass and keep tweaking the phone until a new better one comes out. Z2 force was still the best one thus us number 2 i can live with it but its two steps forward two steps back and one to the side lol

SeanD_CO

Reaction score
Sounds like the issue is with the case. I have a Quadlock case that is always difficult, because the cutout they put in for the Quadlock ads more distance so the phone has to be positioned just right or it either won't work at all or says "low charge detected" or something like that.

No problems at all so far with the Samsung case, so I can't complain about that.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Sounds like the issue is with the case. I have a Quadlock case that is always difficult, because the cutout they put in for the Quadlock ads more distance so the phone has to be positioned just right or it either won't work at all or says "low charge detected" or something like that.

No problems at all so far with the Samsung case, so I can't complain about that.

Well the case is the issue but their must be stronger wifi chargers that create a stronger field anybody know of any

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well the case is the issue but their must be stronger wifi chargers that create a stronger field anybody know of any

The issue is the case, not stronger chargers. If a good, name brand Qi charger can't get through the case then you need a different case...not a different charger. Wireless chargers can only go through cases so thick, that's an industry standard.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The issue is the case, not stronger chargers. If a good, name brand Qi charger can't get through the case then you need a different case...not a different charger. Wireless chargers can only go through cases so thick, that's an industry standard.

I am sure they can make a stronger field charger not sure it exists though.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am sure they can make a stronger field charger not sure it exists though.

Then your battery will overheat.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Then your battery will overheat.

Possibly I am just surprised with so mNg thick vases they haven't made a solution

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Possibly I am just surprised with so mNg thick vases they haven't made a solution

Ahhhhh, yes...the "they" people. Who is they in this situation? Case manufacturers don't necessarily care about wireless charging, that's not their top priority. The Qi wireless charging committee isn't necessarily interested in which cases do or do not support wireless charging, that's not their top priority. It's up to us...the consumer to know what wireless charging limitations are, and select a case that is 100% compatible. Not everyone uses wireless charging, so many cases are just too thick, and that's OK for millions of people. But those that want wireless charging have to know it's limitations and buy compatible cases.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Ahhhhh, yes...the "they" people. Who is they in this situation? Case manufacturers don't necessarily care about wireless charging, that's not their top priority. The Qi wireless charging committee isn't necessarily interested in which cases do or do not support wireless charging, that's not their top priority. It's up to us...the consumer to know what wireless charging limitations are, and select a case that is 100% compatible. Not everyone uses wireless charging, so many cases are just too thick, and that's OK for millions of people. But those that want wireless charging have to know it's limitations and buy compatible cases.

The they people should be magical and make everything work in any situation lol