My droid kills my daughters Ipod touch

ricks

Reaction score
I just bought my daughter an Ipod touch and it is sooo slow it kills me compared to my Droid. Downloading apps takes forever. Can my Droid be used like an Ipod touch when I get my next Android phone?

huskur

Reaction score
Yes. You use it just like an Ipod touch. You can even get a app (can't remember the name) to make wifi phone calls. Look up "sipdroid". I think thats a app (not in the market) that will let you do just that as far as calls.

My wife also has a droid just as i do and also a Ipod touch. Her ipod touch is rather fast. Nearly as fast as my droid. The reason it takes so long for your daughter to download apps is because of the wifi connection not because of the device.

One of the best things i like is being able to stream pandora from the ipod touch over a wifi connection from the droid. Yes, i can use pandora from my droid but i have a Ipod connection to broadcast over my radio in my vehicles

ChugIt

Reaction score
My niece had an ipod touch and she was showing me "all the stuff it can do!". I handed her my Droid and opened a movie I encoded from a DVD and put on my Droid. She was like "WOW! That looks better than my ipod touch!" I let her play with my Droid (she's 16 and mature enough not to hurt my baby) for about an hour. Needless to say she's upset that she wasted her money buying the ipod touch.