My Droid is possessed!

spoyld

Reaction score
While laying down and plugged into the charger it will text an individual in my contact list 7 or 8 times. It has also opened the browser and started to search on it's own. It has changed my location in the weatherbug app to another country. Mind you, all this is happening while the phone is on the home screen and locked.

Please HELP!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You can try a factory data reset, or you may have an app conflict going on. You can run in Safe mode, no apps running, by powering off then hold the menu button and power on. If it still does it try the reset, if still doing it might have to troubleshoot and find which app is giving you the trouble.

Droids

Reaction score
Using the OEM charger or an aftermarket charger?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Exactly what i was going to ask. It's been a problem for more then a couple people that don't use the OEM charger. It will randomly text people and open programs up, and do other strange things. But the moment they started using the OEM charger it worked just fine and never once again had a problem.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Exactly what i was going to ask. It's been a problem for more then a couple people that don't use the OEM charger. It will randomly text people and open programs up, and do other strange things. But the moment they started using the OEM charger it worked just fine and never once again had a problem.

I am not having this problem, but I am curious as to why this would be? What does the charger have to do with it? Don't get me wrong I am not doubting you or saying you are full of it, but I just want to know how that would cause it.

OP
S

spoyld

Reaction score
Very interesting to know, but it was plugged into my Motorola charger that came with the phone, so that is out.

BWJunior

Reaction score
I also have this problem and at least in my case it has nothing to do with the charger (I use the one supplied with the phone). I have found that it always seems to happen whenever I keep my phone in my pocket for any extended period of time. Not sure if it may be caused by static electricity from rubbing around in my pocket or whatever but since I switched to a holster case it has not happened.