My Droid is Haunted!

cuskit

Reaction score
About an hour ago I heard my Droid ringing, although it sounded slightly different than normal. Walking over to my desk where it sat - I was surprised to see a dark screen - yet the phone was ringing to denote a call coming in. I picked it up and tapped the screen - nothing. Dark screen. Still ringing. Hmmm. Very strange! I touched the power on/off button. Nothing. Yikes! WTH? So I "swipe" my path for the turn-on (yea - I know it well enough I can do it in the dark). Still nothing. Still ringing.

Now I'm concerned. So I press and hold the power button. Nothing. Still ringing though. I'm turning my head, looking around the room. Am I alone? Is there another phone in here? No. It's definitely mine. I hold it closer to my ear and it's most definitely my ringer!

So what now? I pull the cover off, snap out the battery cover and remove it. Aaahhh! With a sigh of relief the ringer stops! Wiping my brow I reassemble it, and turn it back on. I hold my breath, hoping NOT to hear the ringing sound again. Red eye stares at me blankly, like a sharks eye, lifeless but pulsating. Then the familiar chime goes off, and a friendly home screen appears. Now I feel better. I immediately go to my call log. And then my breath is coming fast again - my chest begins to heave. No recent calls. The last incoming call logged in was two hours previous - I had answered my worker calling in for this weeks schedule. I look again. Nope - nothing after that!

I look around the room again. In one corner is my 55 gallon fish tank - all the fish are motionless - staring directly at me. On the small round rug beside my desk sits my dog - he's staring at me intently, the hackles up on the back of his neck. I glance over at my tv - I had been watching the Daytona 500. Screen was black. No sound coming from it. I think back. Did I shut the tv off to answer the phone? No - the remote was still sitting on the coffee table in front of my easy chair, partially covered with this mornings newspaper - I just know I never picked it up. I look outside the window - the birds that had been cheerfully jumping on and off my bird feeder were sitting motionless on the lid. Staring in the window - directly at me. Eerie! I'm now feeling a bit apprehensive to say the least.

I walk over to my landline portable, pick it up and dial my cell. Within seconds, the familiar ringing sound starts on the Droid. I peer at the screen. Yep! It's lit up with my home phone number showing on the caller id. I breathe a sigh of relief. I hear the birds start to chirp again, fluttering excitedly around the feeder. Looking down I see the dog is once again washing his paws - meanwhile watching me out of the corner of his eye - his standard look awaiting a walk outside. The fish? They are now swimming around, following their normal aimless path doing countless laps around the perimeter of the tank. I swipe the phone with the ignore swipe. Then check out the call log again. One call in the last two hours. Mikey's house. Eight seconds ago.

I'm back watching the race, it's under red flag. I'm munching on chips and dip, reclined back in the chair, comfortable and at ease. Somewhat.. I'm also keeping a wary eye on the Droid - silent in its repose sitting on the corner of the desk. Waiting. For what, I don't know. But I'm not sure I'll leave the phone on it's regular vigil tonight on the MIKRADLE beside my bed. I'm thinking I'll just for one night, perhaps leave it out in my truck, in the garage, locked from the inside... And for tonight at least - I'm locking my bedroom door. And hopefully will sleep through 'til the morning... mikey

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you install the motion detector alarm app called Siren it should make a noise if it tries to sneak up on you.....

zz500

Reaction score
That was good stuff. Thanks for making my day. Very strange.

Vagrent

Reaction score
If you install the motion detector alarm app called Siren it should make a noise if it tries to sneak up on you.....
is the motion detector gunna tell u the phone is moven or something moving near it lol. i like that responce

On haunting note my experience hasnt been that extreme but i have had gremlins in my phones before maken them ring with no lights on or call back or missed calls. My droid is gremlin free so far

Vagrent

Reaction score
is the motion detector gunna tell u the phone is moven or something moving near it lol. i like that responce

phone moves, bells go off

sweet ill have to check that out. My kids and wife like to grab my phone when im sleepn and mess with it. find shortcuts missing and new ones on my desktop, gets frustrating

sc4fpse

Reaction score
About an hour ago I heard my Droid ringing, although it sounded slightly different than normal. Walking over to my desk where it sat - I was surprised to see a dark screen - yet the phone was ringing to denote a call coming in. I picked it up and tapped the screen - nothing. Dark screen. Still ringing. Hmmm. Very strange! I touched the power on/off button. Nothing. Yikes! WTH? So I "swipe" my path for the turn-on (yea - I know it well enough I can do it in the dark). Still nothing. Still ringing.

Hmm... interesting...

Now I'm concerned. So I press and hold the power button. Nothing. Still ringing though. I'm turning my head, looking around the room. Am I alone? Is there another phone in here? No. It's definitely mine. I hold it closer to my ear and it's most definitely my ringer!
Creepy... but... hmm...

So what now? I pull the cover off, snap out the battery cover and remove it. Aaahhh! With a sigh of relief the ringer stops! Wiping my brow I reassemble it, and turn it back on. I hold my breath, hoping NOT to hear the ringing sound again. Red eye stares at me blankly, like a sharks eye, lifeless but pulsating. Then the familiar chime goes off, and a friendly home screen appears. Now I feel better. I immediately go to my call log. And then my breath is coming fast again - my chest begins to heave. No recent calls. The last incoming call logged in was two hours previous - I had answered my worker calling in for this weeks schedule. I look again. Nope - nothing after that!
I've got a strange feeling about this...

I look around the room again. In one corner is my 55 gallon fish tank - all the fish are motionless - staring directly at me. On the small round rug beside my desk sits my dog - he's staring at me intently, the hackles up on the back of his neck. I glance over at my tv - I had been watching the Daytona 500. Screen was black. No sound coming from it. I think back. Did I shut the tv off to answer the phone? No - the remote was still sitting on the coffee table in front of my easy chair, partially covered with this mornings newspaper - I just know I never picked it up. I look outside the window - the birds that had been cheerfully jumping on and off my bird feeder were sitting motionless on the lid. Staring in the window - directly at me. Eerie! I'm now feeling a bit apprehensive to say the least.
Hmm...

I walk over to my landline portable, pick it up and dial my cell. Within seconds, the familiar ringing sound starts on the Droid. I peer at the screen. Yep! It's lit up with my home phone number showing on the caller id. I breathe a sigh of relief. I hear the birds start to chirp again, fluttering excitedly around the feeder. Looking down I see the dog is once again washing his paws - meanwhile watching me out of the corner of his eye - his standard look awaiting a walk outside. The fish? They are now swimming around, following their normal aimless path doing countless laps around the perimeter of the tank. I swipe the phone with the ignore swipe. Then check out the call log again. One call in the last two hours. Mikey's house. Eight seconds ago.
Hey, wait a second...

I'm back watching the race, it's under red flag. I'm munching on chips and dip, reclined back in the chair, comfortable and at ease. Somewhat.. I'm also keeping a wary eye on the Droid - silent in its repose sitting on the corner of the desk. Waiting. For what, I don't know. But I'm not sure I'll leave the phone on it's regular vigil tonight on the MIKRADLE beside my bed. I'm thinking I'll just for one night, perhaps leave it out in my truck, in the garage, locked from the inside... And for tonight at least - I'm locking my bedroom door. And hopefully will sleep through 'til the morning... mikey
There's the product plug!!! :icon_ laughup:

In all seriousness, that was a pretty strange story. If I had fish and they were all staring at me, I might be a little creeped out myself. :icon_eek:

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Never heard of "Siren" before - thanks guys - I just downloaded and installed it!

Now I'm sitting here, again, waiting.... just waiting.... will the siren go off? This looks to be scary evening. And of course - the Daytona is on ANOTHER red delay. Coincidence? ;) mikey

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Never heard of "Siren" before - thanks guys - I just downloaded and installed it!

Now I'm sitting here, again, waiting.... just waiting.... will the siren go off? This looks to be scary evening. And of course - the Daytona is on ANOTHER red delay. Coincidence? ;) mikey

Okay - I installed it, and then tried it. Yikes! How the hell do you shut it off? It will shriek for over a minute and then shut itself off. Any shortcuts? It's kind of useless if you can't shut it off - it drove me insane within 3 - seconds! Not that I had far to go... ;) mikey

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Something kinda like this actually did happen to me, same thing I was asleep, and I wake up to the faint sound of my phone in the corner. I get up to search my jeans for my phone, it's there and the ringing had stopped...grab it and it was black. Hmm. Same thing, I look for recent calls...nothing. Then it goes off again, I'm looking at my phone in hand and it only takes me an instant to realize the guy in the next hotel room had the same damn ringtone. :icon_evil:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sweet ill have to check that out. My kids and wife like to grab my phone when im sleepn and mess with it. find shortcuts missing and new ones on my desktop, gets frustrating

You can lock the screen with a pattern too. That comes built in. check your settings to change it.

I never messed with the Locale app. I wonder if it lets you have a lock pattern based on location and just a swipe to access the phone otherwise.

Ghost Radar...forgot about that one!

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Something kinda like this actually did happen to me, same thing I was asleep, and I wake up to the faint sound of my phone in the corner. I get up to search my jeans for my phone, it's there and the ringing had stopped...grab it and it was black. Hmm. Same thing, I look for recent calls...nothing. Then it goes off again, I'm looking at my phone in hand and it only takes me an instant to realize the guy in the next hotel room had the same damn ringtone. :icon_evil:

Yea - but this was definitely my phone. What puzzles me more than the ringing was that it was locked up while ringing, and needed a hard reset. Hope it doesn't repeat itself - especially while meeting with a client or something like that! ;) mikey

samiusmc

Reaction score

I highly recommend that you reduce the dosage of whatever medication you're taking in half.