My droid has a mind of its own!

Mecham56

Reaction score
My phone has been going crazy for a few weeks now, to the point where it's just about unusable.

Can you guys check out this video and tell me your thoughts?

Thanks

[video=youtube;7qirvRVKqaM]http://youtu.be/7qirvRVKqaM]YouTube - DROID HAS MIND OF ITS OWN![/video]

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried wiping data/cache? Should fix it.

Cant watch video on school computers so not sure exactly what its doing but for the most part a wipe will cure problems.

gaggil

Reaction score
My droid was doing similar things a few months ago.

Everytime I would try to use the phone the screen would change on its own.

Tried clearing everything out and doing a factory reset of the phone with no luck.

Turns out the digitizer had gone bad.

Had the phone replaced by verizon and all is well.

OP
M

Mecham56

Reaction score
When did you get the phone? How long after did you get the phone did you get it replaced? I'm about 1.5 years into the phone and this just happened, so idk if I can just get it replaced

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
When did you get the phone? How long after did you get the phone did you get it replaced? I'm about 1.5 years into the phone and this just happened, so idk if I can just get it replaced

Depends if you have insurance. Verizon gives you 30 days from the purchase date. Moto gives you one year. Unless you have insurance I am afraid your screwed..

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Mine did that at the year and a half mark too. I had just upgraded to the Thunderbolt and was going to use my Droid as a mp3player when it went crazy. I tried to do a factory reset but it won't let me hookup to wifi to compete it.

So now it's a paperweight :(

gaggil

Reaction score
The phone was just under a year old so Verizon sent me a refurbished phone as a replacement.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I thought Verizon's Warranty is a year, not 30 days.
When my D1 started experiencing what I call "Phantom Touches", VZW told me my warranty expired a week prior. About 51 weeks after I bought it.
Motorola however said it was still under warranty for a week... so they replaced it.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yep... this is how my Droid 1 died too - after 1.5 years of heavy usage.

[video=youtube;QKw7UkEtkSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKw7UkEtkSM]YouTube - Droid 1 Crazy 003[/video]

RIP :(

Talon3

Reaction score
Mine did that 2. I used a piece of paper to clean out the crack at the edge of the touchscreen. That helped a lot. A factory reset then cleared it up back to normal. Now a few weeks later I have noticed the left 1/4 inch of the touch screen is no longer responsive to touch.