my droid became unresponsive

eskanday

Reaction score
Suddenly today my droid became unresponsive and looked like it was off (without turning it off). I tried to turn it on but NO response. I took out the battery and put it back and restart the phone and worked fine.
Anybody has had the same issue?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the OS will freeze up and a battery pull is required. Unless it happens on a regular basis, it is pretty normal.

OP
E

eskanday

Reaction score
this is not a freeze. The screen went black and it looked like it was dead. This is the first time it happened to me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is not a freeze. The screen went black and it looked like it was dead. This is the first time it happened to me.

If it's a phone #FAIL then take it to the Verizon Store and get a replacement. It's still under warranty for 1 year.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

The phone probably froze while in sleep mode. As long as it started after a battery pull and doesn't do it on a regular basis, it is fine.

Droidette

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing - I wasn't using it, it was just sitting on the table and when I went to check on it, I noticed that it was black and non-responsive. The power button did not work and I had to do a battery-pull to restart it. It worked fine after that. This has only happened to me three times since I got it Nov. 6 - do you think this is normal/ok or should I return it? I know it's got an OS and all, but this never happened with my Voyager.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing - I wasn't using it, it was just sitting on the table and when I went to check on it, I noticed that it was black and non-responsive. The power button did not work and I had to do a battery-pull to restart it. It worked fine after that. This has only happened to me three times since I got it Nov. 6 - do you think this is normal/ok or should I return it? I know it's got an OS and all, but this never happened with my Voyager.

I would say it is completely normal. Some third party apps can cause problems, so if it happens a lot, I would go through each app you've downloaded and try to figure out which one is causing problems. I've had to go through multiple Droids since it's release day and they have all required a battery pull at least once.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would think it's not "normal" operation, but I also would not try to exchange it. Just like a PC sometimes things need to reboot. If it happens every day or something then a warranty replacement is in order :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Had to do my first battery pull yesterday, let it sit for a good minute and it didn't respond so i pulled it. Worked normal ever since. I didn't really reboot it like i usually do, so it probably just needed a reboot.

I was seeing how long the battery could go....i was at 2d 14hrs __min....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had to do my first battery pull yesterday, let it sit for a good minute and it didn't respond so i pulled it. Worked normal ever since. I didn't really reboot it like i usually do, so it probably just needed a reboot.

That long on a storm and the phone needed a new OS :icon_ lala:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

That long on a storm and the phone needed a new OS :icon_ lala:

Droid > blackberry.

I was impressed, mostly standby time, but some heavy use before it needed the pull was at 60% battery too.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing today for the first time ever. Wonder if it had anything to do with the 14 app updates I downloaded last night. I was actually trying to download an app when it happened.

sfinchler

Reaction score
I've had the same thing twice, once just tonight. The battery pull solved it both times but I don't think it's "normal". I'm not returning mine just yet but I'm keeping an eye on it.