My Dolphin Broswer HD running VERY slow now

Jer

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas? I started using the stock browser again and it's amazing how fast it is in comparison. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until recently it simply won't even load some pages. Sometimes it will just sit with the progress bar on about 10% or so and not do anything. Other times when the pages load (usually after a few minutes) it can sit almost frozen for several minutes and I can't even pan around or zoom in/out let alone click on links. I've tried exiting and clearing all of the info and even uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Is there something else I can do that i haven't yet tried? Is there a place I can clear something else out so that when I reinstall it it will run as fast as the stock browser? It used to be faster than the stock browser but now it's not even close. It's a real bummer too because I had grown to love it's options and features but I was thinking it was these very features that were slowing it down. It seems that with each new update it gets slower and slower and I assumed they were making the same mistake other devs make and that's to add features just because they can w/o any attention to overall performance and reliability. I really hate to give up on it but it's not even usable at this point.

Ideas?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. Dolphin hd was best when it first came out. Each update has made it worse. Frustrating! I've used the feedback survey to express my disappointment to the dev.

For now I'm using plain old dolphin (not HD) and sometimes xscope.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't factory reset. I would just uninstall and reinstall it. Anyway, my complaints with dolphin hd are feature changes.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
I've already cleared the cache and memory and uninstalled and reinstalled. None of that helped so I will assume the app itself has become the problem. Shame.

I'm not doing a factory reset. I don't care that much. I'm back to the stock browser and as much as I liked Dolphin at one time I like the stock browser even more now. Reason being: it just works. I can't say that for Dolphin anymore. I used to think it was cool all the stuff the were adding but at some point it got too big for it's own britches and is just too bloated. The stock browser does everything I need and absolutely flies... 3G or WiFi so that's my choice.

It seems apps all go through this phase. Devs start out with creating an app and modifying until it's stable. Them they come out with something that sets them apart and the devs start tweaking and adding more features which is what makes them popular so they loose focus on the basics... keeping it stable. They add more features and functions because they can w/o paying attention to stability and reliability and eventually people get fed up and the next best thing comes along that may not do as much but is actually usable unlike the app they left. That's where I am now and I hope Dolphin figures it out before they piss all over what was once the best browser available. Not it's just an unusable bloated broken app that's feature rich but can't load a simple page in under 2min.