My 3g suddenly stopped working

kuhn43

Reaction score
Does anyone know why 3g would turn off? I was just in my bedroom and it stopped working when it had worked earlier. I wasn't sure if some apps or something could cause it to turn off. I noticed it stopped working after i downloaded an app called gmote (makes the phone work as a mouse on computer etc)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why 3g would turn off? I was just in my bedroom and it stopped working when it had worked earlier. I wasn't sure if some apps or something could cause it to turn off. I noticed it stopped working after i downloaded an app called gmote (makes the phone work as a mouse on computer etc)

What you should do is go to another part of town and see if it works there. If it does there is probably a problem with a tower near by your home.

If that's the case then call Verizon, explain to them that you have tested your phone and 3G coverage has suddenly stopped in your area. It may take about 4 days but they should give you a case number and they will send someone out to investigate your issue.