Music Videos (iTunes)

Over50Droid

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd Droid (Droid, Incredible and Droid X) and want to find a way to play music videos. I can't play the ones I bought during my short stint with an iPhone and can't find online where I can buy and download them. I want to remove the DRM on iTunes videos (I use a Mac) or a place where I can buy and download videos. Songs (MP3) I can find all day. Just have not been able to find where to buy and download videos.

Can someone help an older brother out? I'm feeling I'm just missing something simple as I usually have no problems finding stuff on the web.

Thanking all in advance,

Paul

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
To Moderators: Sorry in advance for linking this external website

To over50Droid:

Here is a link to a tutorial I think might work for what you are trying to accomplish. Dont know if this will work as intended because I have never tested it and I get my video files from torrents.

How to convert videos (MKV, AVI, etc.) to DVD for Free with DVD Flick

Let me know if this worked for you or not.

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm on my 3rd Droid (Droid, Incredible and Droid X) and want to find a way to play music videos. I can't play the ones I bought during my short stint with an iPhone and can't find online where I can buy and download them. I want to remove the DRM on iTunes videos (I use a Mac) or a place where I can buy and download videos. Songs (MP3) I can find all day. Just have not been able to find where to buy and download videos.

Can someone help an older brother out? I'm feeling I'm just missing something simple as I usually have no problems finding stuff on the web.

Thanking all in advance,

Paul

You are right, MP3's can be bought all over the web, however, for video there are no legal sources to obtain them.

You could purchase music videos through iTunes and then convert them with programs like TuneBite, but besides that, nothing.
All the places where you can (legally) obtain videos to download (except sites like youtube) use a form of DRM to prevent you from actually doing something useful with them.

The music industry got the idea, but the movie industry is still years behind.

OP
O

Over50Droid

Reaction score
Music Videos

"You could purchase music videos through iTunes and then convert them with programs like TuneBite, but besides that, nothing.
All the places where you can (legally) obtain videos to download (except sites like youtube) use a form of DRM to prevent you from actually doing something useful with them."

Just to clarify, there is no where I can legally purchase music videos to watch on my Droid X just like I used to do with my iPhone and iTunes.

D

dvdcatalyst

Just to clarify, there is no where I can legally purchase music videos to watch on my Droid X just like I used to do with my iPhone and iTunes.

No, there is no legal way for that.
There are only a few "stores" that have deals in place for that, and all use DRM on their videos.

iTunes
Zune
Amazon

OP
O

Over50Droid

Reaction score
Unbelievable.....

I don't understand why there is not a place I can buy a music video for my non Apple cell phone. When advertising the phones they sometimes show music videos.
Hmmmm......something just ain't right.

Anyway, is there a Mac alternative to TuneBit? I can't find one.

Thanks to all.

D

dvdcatalyst

I don't understand why there is not a place I can buy a music video for my non Apple cell phone. When advertising the phones they sometimes show music videos.
Hmmmm......something just ain't right.

I know, it is stupid. In advertisements they mention its so great for video, but they don't provide any means to purchase video for the device. A few days ago, I noticed the commercial for the Galaxy S, "super screen, aawesome for video" but where to get video besides just the demo video that ships with it?

Anyway, is there a Mac alternative to TuneBit? I can't find one.

Thanks to all.

There are a few (overpriced) tools that can do it. (I'm sure one of their spam-bots will jump into this thread pretty soon, look for first-posters with a "free" link in the reply :) ) but they use a recording technique. The file plays on your MAC, then the program records it to a different format (like the good old VHS dubbing days) quality and speed isn''t the greatest, so I'd suggest to try before you buy.

It might be easier to download the music videos from youtube.

Reaction score
Well you did already buy the video so i dont think it would hurt for you to "accidentally" download it off youtube, u did already pay for it once after all.